Reviews for Veil of Ice
Summer Walters chapter 1 . 6/11/2002
What an image! Ice & coldness really do have lots of great ways to describe them! And you've used them. I like the lines,

" the aura of myst?ry,

ominous, luminous

beauty with no beauty

at all, enhanced by shades

of black leather so soft "

and "my shattered heart." It's so simple, yet sounds so beautiful. Great poem!

And thank you so much for all your supportive reviews and comments for my work! Thank you! I really appreciate it!
All Mighty Terrestrial chapter 1 . 6/1/2002
God, you jumped on my poem quick! (laughs) I like this poem a lot. I like how you moved from telling a straight story, to moving into your inner world, to coming back out and describing the person you wrote the poem about, using chill and ice imagery throughout to tie everything together. As transient as ice is, it has a strength of its own that carries it through, just like the poem. (As far as the 6 syllable, I don't usually check for things like that, just how the poem makes me feel, so you will get no nitpicky grammar stuff from me.) (grin)
grey spirit chapter 1 . 5/31/2002
O strawberry wine! How chillingly beautiful. I wish I knew who Deana Carter is, because you mentioned her and strawberry wine in a review. Anyways, the metaphors were carved exceptionally well. It was completely captivating.
Rini chapter 1 . 5/26/2002
Beautifully done poem I believe. Great job with the imagery. Its so intresting how much you can really learn about a person though they writing, even though at some points you must read in between the lines... Anyway, once again great poem, keep on writing, because I enjoy reading your work.
Penumbra chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
I love this poem! So intense and intriguing...and the imagery-wow! You have SO much talent and I hope you never stop writing 'cause that would definitely be a waste! ;)
in other words chapter 1 . 5/25/2002
Allo allo! A new one I see! :)

GREAT and I emphasize GREAT job with the blank verse, I'm so horrible with structured poetry... That deserves a lot of credit, for sure. Also, it's awesome how you kept bringing up sayings and little tidbits referring to Ice or Coldness or Chill or something along those lines. It was very consistant, and very, very clever. I must say, I had a little trouble understanding what exactly it was about minus the metaphors and little twists and turns we call creativeness... but I think I got the picture, as you painted it well in my noggin. :) Bah! I love it.

Much applause...

mock
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 5/24/2002
wow! this is wonderfully good- you are so great at metaphors and similes and stuff like that-i SUCK at them. i love the style of this poem...kinda like it's a peek inside your head...but aren't all poems like that to some extent? well this one let's me see deep inside the mind of Mistress Jakira! lol...wonderful job!

love always