Reviews for A Poet I Am
Linnet chapter 1 . 5/12/2004
Then I'm guessing you like "The Jabberwocky" by Lewis Caroll? )
But seriously, this is a beautiful poem. I agree, it's exactly what it means to be a poet. I love the last verse and didn't think it was confusing. Much. )
-Linnet
ocztobi chapter 1 . 8/11/2002
wonderful... i wish i had the talent you have, to twist words until they fit just right

luv,

The bzatcher
Shadowgirl chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
Fantastic poem! I think that most poets can relate to what you wrote. I like the part about dreams. I actually get story ideas from mine. Nice job!
Fire of the Vampire chapter 1 . 7/18/2002
A poet, a poet I am. Exactly. This is wonderful! Excellent work. Just one little constructive (maybe) bit of criticism: double space the paragraphs in your author's notes. I've read some of your work and that always kind of irks me cause it makes them hard to read. But other than that, I LOVED this poem!

God Bless

Much Love

Later Daze

- Kacie
Terra Tigra chapter 1 . 7/16/2002
I truely love this one, for a number of reasons. It seems to have this whole feel about it that says "Power to the Poets!", ya you know, something like that anyway, hehe. There's no question, you are a peot, one of the better ones I must add. For me the best feeling is when I make someone else happy or laugh or something, so I totally know where your coming from with that one. Trying to make people laugh is almost like a game. Sometimes you win sometimes you lose, but when you win and you make someone feel better, there's no better feeling in the world. Keep up the great stuff MJ!

Arrivederci!

-Terra Tigra-
Summer Walters chapter 1 . 6/11/2002
Oh, how pretty! I like your comparision of writing to other arts... Write more poems like this. :)
Penumbra chapter 1 . 6/9/2002
Aww, what a sweet poem! I love the descriptions of being a poet...and a poet you definitely are! _ My favorite stanza was the third stanza-it definitely made me laugh! ;) This piece is very inspiring...never stop writing!
Rini chapter 1 . 6/6/2002
Oh wow, I love this I really do. Your poem captured the essence of a true writer. Your words spoke to me, because this is me. Writing can be a major way to express ones soul and release so much compassion its amazing. And it is something you do so well. Your words always word so well together, and there can never be a flaw if you write from your heart. Makes me wish I was a better writer () But anyway, I'll stop rambling. Keep writing, always.
Meirou chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
Wished that I could paint my thoughts

And feelings as I see them

Make them stick

Like paste so thick

On the minds and hearts of

Everyone.

MJ, I whole-heartedly love this poem...it voices all of the emotions I hold dear in creating a piece-just being able to call myself a writer. I loved your way with words, especially the prior stanza. Wonderful job, and I must say, that writing is truly an outlet to the world. You've got the power of the mind coursing through your fingertips and littering the blank pages with dreams. Amazing. In addition, I must thank you for the generous and extremely motivating reviews! It's encouragement such as yours that entreats of my heart to continue writing. Thanks again; I must add that I did, in fact, borrow a few traits from Julia of Cowboy Bebop. I was totally enthralled with the lifestyle of a female syndicate agent...and I feel that her appearance was one I wanted to recreate with a new persona. The story line of "Apocalypse Living" is not intended to parallel CB, but I think I enjoyed toying around with a bit of similar situations. Keep up the great work, girl! I look forward to your future pieces!
BrokenPanda chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
Guess what?... You succeeded! Every single one of those applies to me.. but especially the first

Its amazing, i love it, and now im off to read more ;)
Zemmiphobic chapter 1 . 6/4/2002
this is so good- and such a great poet you are-much much better than i *humbly looks at feet* but i aspire (i love that word) to reach your greatness some day! heheheh...well anyways i love how you started the stanza with what you wish you could do, but then explained how you do that- that's clever! yet another wonderful poem from you...

Love always