Reviews for Blind Spot
Mistress Jakira chapter 1 . 8/18/2002
I looked at this poem earlier and it didn't appeal to me that much, but now that I'm seeing it again, it's excellent. Maybe I've matured over the last few months or something. XD I wouldn't be surprised. Still, this is a great poem, full of sullen, bitter anger ("carbonated anger", perhaps, as author tarnished oversoul once put it) that reeks of resentment and seems to smirk at me, in a way. I loved how you ended the poem, but my favorite lines had to be these:

"doing something you'd rather not

with someone you'd rather not

be with..."

I absolutely adore the dual-meaning-how "rather not" takes on two different meanings, in a way. I do that a LOT in my poetry, and it's one of my favorite things-I'm so happy to see it in someone else's work, too! Also mentionable:

"i apologize

for all those times i called you

friend..."

Another double-meaning-at first I thought "called you" literally meant phone call, but then (with the beginning of the next line) I realized that that wasn't the only interpretation. If you couldn't already tell, I really admire the placement of line breaks in your poetry-they make emphasis and manipulate the words to say things they wouldn't otherwise say. That's what I try to do with my own work, but I dare say you accomplish it better than I in some aspects! This is a great poem, it really is. Sorry for rambling; keep on writing! ~MJ
Chinchy chapter 1 . 6/5/2002
*Sniffles and beats ex-friend with a frozen pork chop*