Reviews for 51
Isaac Hoffman chapter 1 . 7/26/2006
The poem lends itself to a bit of surrealty, not the surrealness of "Alice in Wonderland" but a more subtle, reverberating surrealty of the everyday, which is no less magnificent.

"fear, child, is your problemfear is what keeps you from passionfear is what destroys large armies..."

love that part.

The last verse is a killer too.

Isaac Hoffman
d4d4d chapter 1 . 3/16/2003
I can relate so much to this poem, it's scary. The last stanza in particular strikes a familiar chord in me. I don't know if the words need to be tweaked in such a way that the jealousy/uncertainty/wanting is given more emphasis, but the first time I read it, it seemed fine to me. (Point, Shakespeare? -_-;)

But yes, I loved this one too.
Ava Vandora chapter 1 . 7/28/2002
That was sweet and tradgic in a way, the last line was very strong but gave the poem its direct message, I like it :)
chibi-k chapter 1 . 6/13/2002
I really like this..it's very kind of wistful and sad. but it's not whiney..it's good. _
Penumbra chapter 1 . 6/9/2002
Wow, this is great...I think the last line "I am unable to fall in love" pretty much summarizes the whole poem. This is simple yet intriguing. It's like a puzzle carefully woven together with each line. Keep up the wonderful work!