Reviews for The Dove's Raven
amy chapter 12 . 4/13/2004
Okay dear...it is DEFINITELY time for you to take this off of haitus!
And GO!
IHJ chapter 12 . 11/16/2003
Hm...the dislike between Derry and Sloan is becoming somewhat nasty. Believable. And I like how Raven's so stubborn she'd overlook safety. Makes the characters 3-D. A few typos here and there, but overall, it's an okay chapter.

IHJ chapter 10 . 11/16/2003
I like how your chapters are long, giving more to the characters and trying to flesh them out. Two more chapters to read...

IHJ chapter 9 . 11/16/2003
Smart...Raven's smart. I can't believe I didn't review this story before! Nicely crafted so far.

darkhiddenangel chapter 12 . 10/5/2003
YEAH! an update! this chapter wasn't to bad! if you do decided to revise and change it i will be most delighted to see how it turns out! i love this story! i'll patiently wait for an update! .
Tom-Lovers chapter 12 . 9/7/2003
Love this story. Loved this chapter. My last name is Laird so I obviously like that part of it. Please keep on keeping on (sorry 'bout the cheesy line... I find that amusing.)
fae-crazed chapter 12 . 9/6/2003
Hi, I was the Mickey you talked to before... but changed my SN you see..

I've been keeping up with you and I've been waiting faithfully for an update... lo and behold.. you're BACK.. YAY!

Can't wait til Calum comes back into the picture.
Fire and Flowers chapter 12 . 9/6/2003
how can you hate this story? the characters, like Calum - *drools*, are so captivating, and this is honestly one of the most original stories up here! i've never read anything like this and i love it! please update soon!
GRPGM chapter 12 . 9/6/2003
Nice story, I enjoyed reading it. A bit of constructive criticism if you do not object.

I'm not connecting with the character's very well. Since they started their journey I have not felt sympathetic to Brenna's cause. She is after all a girl who lived her entire life in Devlin under the care of a well-to-do merchant with the support (if somewhat harsh and seemingly uncaring) of her other five sisters and has now thrown all that to the wind and left all she ever knew behind. Can you imagine what that would do to you?

Where are the sleepless nights by the road side where all one can do is think about heading down the hall to sit around the table and eat breakfast with the family? Where is the heart wrenching truth of losing your family in one night, the realization that the sisters that never understood you, always resented you, and mocked all you did were still so much a part of your life that not hearing those harsh words or girlish giggling leaves a void that you cannot fill? What about the now nightly dreams, do those still leave her nights fitful and full of insufficient rest? I'm not feeling the inner conflict that I would think Brenna to be so full of. Though I admit I am one for delving too much into a character's thoughts.

And what about Sloane? He left the girls back home to fend for themselves. He was the man their father depended on to look after and protect all six of them and yet he up and leaves one night without informing the father who had placed so much trust in him . . . would not a man as honorable as Sloane be better then that? And how could someone as young as him remember anything of Brenna's mom? Maybe I misread that part.

Derry . . . I like Derry. Her character seems to come together and works well, though it'll be interesting to see what secrets are in her past for later on.

Nothing much else to comment on at the moment. I truly enjoyed reading your story and I anticipate you will continue writing it. I hope Chapter 11 will be out before too long.
Amy chapter 10 . 9/4/2003
wow, so far it's amazing...i am very anxious to read more.

there is a slight criticism i have that i would kindly like to point out...

in the third paragraph right before you launch into the story of Derry's past (it begins: "When I ventured to ask her"), you write how sometime you guys wandered off subject. the last sentence or two of that paragraph seemed to throw off the whole rhythm of the story i had just gotten into, it seemed to wander off subject too! i just wanted to let you know. maybe i'm the only one, but i thought if you read through and felt the same way, then you could twik it a bit.

but i am so intrigued by this story! it is a wonderful tale...you are a great storyteller...

poetry is my specialty. :)
Amy chapter 1 . 9/4/2003
This is really good. I am enjoying reading it.

I just have one question...What exactly is the dialect or accent that you are going for? At moments I can see it having a kind of Celtic edge (if this is so, then I have some tips where I think the dialogue could be different), and at others a sort of Old English flair. So, I'm just curious what you were aiming for. :)
amira chapter 11 . 7/26/2003
*cries* i hate to sound whiny, but you haven't updated in so long! please update soon. this story is one of my favourites
fae-crazed chapter 11 . 6/6/2003
PLEASE update again soon! When will Calum be back in the fic?
Le Sage chapter 11 . 6/3/2003
im gonna kill you! update! i love how you write o' instead of 'of'

col. so update update! its been ages!
IHJ chapter 11 . 5/28/2003
great story! I like most (if not all) your stories so far that I have read... I'm wondering...who does the dove signify? And didn't the gypsy warn Bren AWAY from the dove? *sigh* Humans...always the contrary ones...
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »