Reviews for The Four Faces
Killer Tofu chapter 31 . 8/25/2003
Well that was interesting...
Guest chapter 30 . 12/28/2002
whew, that is so nice...so I hope the four will reconcile?
Michael Huang chapter 31 . 12/28/2002
I've been watching the development of this novel since its inception, and I have to say that I'm very impressed by how much the characters and plot "grew" organically into believable, fully-developed people. The situations and plot points are perhaps geared toward high-school a bit strongly, but there are tantalizing glimpses of how the things we learn as teenagers will affect how we are as people for the rest of our lives. That manages to lift the story out of the pure teen-angst category that similar stories threaten to become mired in. At times there are lyrical passages that illustrate the magic, difficulty, and harrowing nature of the coming-of-age experience, something all of us who have grown up and are still growing into will recognize. Bravo.
Zerohour chapter 31 . 12/21/2002
Final thought:

This was an interesting experiment to write something original. The "four faces" are aspects of a certain person to began with, but by the end, the four all developed believable and distinctive personalities. They all at least grew from chapter 1 to chapter 31, that reflected the growing of my writing skills. This will have to be rewritten, obviously.

Thanks to whoever did follow, and actually finished all 31 chapters. I know if I was a reader, I couldn't able to read something this long. Shame on me!
Josh chapter 25 . 12/21/2002
...I'm wondering if Josh and Karen will get together...I want to...I mean, I hope he and her will.
Nohbdy chapter 31 . 12/21/2002
To sum this story up in one word: wow. This is one of the best (and longest) stories I have read. I wish you wouldn't stop but I guess 31 chapters is more than enough.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/13/2002
So does Rick have a car or not? He ran to school, but here he drives?

And oh, don't bother switch the POV. You can't do it right. Forget it.

Please, post this crap somewhere else.
Lo chapter 19 . 12/7/2002
Um...This is garbage...too much like Evangelion. Maybe you should stick to Eva fan fic. Try to make the plot more consistent?
Faina S chapter 18 . 12/7/2002
It's becoming very interesting. Kind of confusing but an interesting read.
Zerohour chapter 1 . 12/7/2002
Ok, addition to plot explained: Rick is confused about if he likes Mina, or Karen. (Spoiler) He isn't going to like his adopted sister, ever. And she will get over her little crush on her adopted big brother.
Zerohour chapter 25 . 11/26/2002
Hi. Sorry for the confusion. Here's the plot:

Rick Kurosawa likes Karen Sorenson-Mimasuya, but at the same time, he's in love with Mina, it's just that he doesn't know it. At the same time he noticed that his friend, Josh, likes Mina, so he tried to hook his friend up with Mina...

At least that's what happened initially. Carrie, Rick's track team teammate dies, and Karen feels terrible (they were best friends). Now on chapter 14 - Kirika's Rick's adopted sister, which means they are NOT related by blood at all. And she has a crush on Rick. But Rick's confused about who he likes.

Meanwhile, Josh's having trouble trying out a relationship with Mina, and the relationship is slipping away from him.

Mina's kind of confused who she likes, but she really wants to be with Rick. Mina had a childhood best friend from the past who she thought she would marry someday, but he dumped her at her 16th birthday.

Karen's still recovering from her best friend 's(that's Carrie) death. She seems to like Rick, but she doesn't do anything about it so far...

:P I wonder if that was much help at all? There are quite a few plot holes, so if people could catch them, and point them out, I'd appreciate it very much.
Jennifer chapter 14 . 11/26/2002
I am hoping that you are oging to explain what is going on. I am totally confused now, but can't seem to stop reading.
Guest chapter 5 . 11/26/2002
this story isn't bad, just odd

it is interresting to say the least
Hojo chapter 15 . 8/27/2002
hmm, I have to say, this whole thing turned out to be unpredictable so far. The story itself feels like a dating sim in some ways, but not that close to one. The plot is very interesting, although disturbing at times (I realize Rick and Kirika isn't really related, but...), oh, and, "Kirika"? Isn't that one of the main characters from Noir?

Let's see what happens next.
Katie chapter 2 . 8/5/2002
Wow! I totally love this story! So far it's been pretty interesting. I'm gonna have to read the other chapters later, though. Excellant story!