Reviews for One Week Late
static shakedown chapter 1 . 8/2/2010
Very intense!
pixierose chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
Whoa. Yeah, that was incredibly blunt. I agree with the other reviewers- it's a good warning.
SuperBlonde chapter 1 . 9/16/2001
Wow. Really, really well done.
Nevermore1 chapter 1 . 7/3/2001
Crude and blunt, yes, but I could see how it could be meant as something far more. Personally, I don't know if I have ever seen pure horror summed up so completely in seventeen syllables. :)
Kara1 chapter 1 . 6/26/2001
Oh, wow...that was incredibly cool. Very very very poignantly done. :)
mel chapter 1 . 11/26/2000
Talk about emotions. WOW!
Poohunderscore-not-hyphenBah chapter 1 . 11/20/2000
It wasn't crude or blunt-I thought it was fairly delicate. You really captured the fear (and relief).
Just another writer chapter 1 . 10/14/2000
Whoever you are, you are a spectacular poet. To be able to write but a few sentences and strike the reader wtih emotion is indeed a gift you posess.

Blunt, but not overly overt. Intense and yet humbling in its reality. A fantasiticly realistic piece that envelops the reader with the poets expression.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2000
Dustin chapter 1 . 10/6/2000
I was absolutely gripped by it, personally. The contrasting imagery really contributed to the overall atmosphere of tension and panic that a poor person in this situation would feel. I think that this Haiku should be distributed with contraception to warn people of the dangers of unprotected intimacy. I can sympathise with the utter devastation felt by the narrator and his partner in this poem, because the sheer depth of feeling behind the words really reached out and touched my heart and soul. It shall remain with me for the rest of my life and beyond. Dear author, I salute you. Seriously.
Sandiya chapter 1 . 10/5/2000
Wow...hehe I agree, it's blunt and all that, but it's pretty good. Makes ya think. Sayonara!
Jennifer Ever Zero chapter 1 . 10/5/2000
! (for lack of a better thing to say...let me gather my thoughts) ! Yes, that was crude. Yes, that was blunt. But in its own strange way, it is art, it's definitely not a feel-good story, but ... I guess it had to be said, and it painted a tense, nervewracking picture.