Reviews for Half-an-hour Shower
Amaris chapter 1 . 2/23/2003
I liked this poem, but the last stanza was a bit strange and kind of spoiled the mood in a way. ("And so I'll let the snow globe settle.") The second stanza "If words are a smile" leaves me wondering if "[You] bid [one] good day with a frown or damn [one] to Hell with a smile," then what is the message you are sending? It is the expression on your face? Or is the words? I'm assuming words because "words are only words . it shouldn't matter." I also liked the sixth stanza where you say "I always manage . what's keeping me?" Maybe that's why friendships become so much stronger after a fight (as long as the two make up in the end that is). I someone is closer to you, it's sometimes harder to say what you're thinking which can result in misunderstandings and sometimes arguments.
Glass November chapter 1 . 12/13/2002
I must say that your shower time has been well spent. Hm...I'm not sure that came out right, but I'm sure you know what I mean *g* I love the part about words being only words...a very good point, and wonderfully stated. The part about touch love and meaning to be peaceful is also great. Looking back, I think the whole thing was so true and real...an excellent commentary on life, human nature, and values. I applaud heartily!
Katterree Fengari chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Ooo..freakily kewl...it seems likes there's a lot of ideas in there...methinks...kew poem
Xaviera Xylira chapter 1 . 8/23/2002
Eeeeek! Okay, so here's what happened: I leave fanfiction dot net because I can't log on to my account anymore (since then I've gotten a new computer that allows me to do so, but I'm still not returning to ff, I have my own site now... yes let's stop talking about me, shall we?) and then I'm just coming over because a friend (Beth the Fox) uploads a new poem even though she has technically left ff too (she says she posted it because she felt bad for leaving you and your good reviews) and then I decide for the heck of things to go and see my reviews, and voila, you visited, leaving wonderfully satisfying reviews as usual. So I thought I'd go and review something of yours.

I must confess, I'm not much suited for reviewing poetry. I've always loved your poetry, because you have the most wonderful images, but too much of it, I fear, goes over my head (someday I'll look up all those big words). But the second and third stanzas are my favorite, particularly the third, because I love the part about just going with the flow and living and not thinking about the complications (yeah, that's what I got out of it. I'm probably wrong, but whatever.). But then the roses are plucked, and so I thought, hmmm, let's read into the symbolism here. And I thought, Well, what if the roses were to symbolize our hope, our innocence and faith? And now, I'm not quite sure what a montage is (yet; I will look that up after I'm done here. One thing is for sure, I'm going to have some very extensive vocabulary thanks to you), but there's the line about the roses being plucked, and I thought that might mean our faith being shot down and made not so innocent anymore (in example: betrayl, lost love, a very large tragic blow that comes as a wake up call that not everything is always good and nice) and then the part about them being made into corsages could symbolize us, after innocence and faith being lost, putting on a fake mask to cover up the ruined part of ourselves and presenting a happy smile for show (that's what I associate corsages with: Being lovely and for show, all done up with bows, but they would have probably looked more loved ina garden, climbing up a trellis).

Okay... I'm not sure how much of that makes sense... and... yes... I love that last line, as typical with your poetry, it has a wonderful effect. Awesome.
Impressionist chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
love it!

Im home for like a day so I figured Id check up on my old fanfic buddies. yo're awesome. I'll read more later.
Obake-Chan chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
Weeee! Here works! Me likes the second stanza. G'day, mate(don't mind me)! And the snail part was something that not a lot of people would notice but is very apparent. (Waaaaaa! My lid is half-gone!) Kakkle. Anywaysosososos, half an hour? Wow. That's very very good good. People are having tons of inspiration everywhere! Meepaw, snow globe settlement. Narharhar. I liked it!
PhoenixDebonaire chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
I likies, especially these portions.

"If words are only words

then it shouldn't matter if

I bid you good day with a frown

or damn you to Hell with a smile."

"And so

I'll let the snow globe settle."

Kewl! Wai.

And wai.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 7/26/2002
Very surreal...I don't even know what to think of it, really. The last line really struck me as poetic, and I'm sure there's some sort of hidden meaning. But I'm half-dead right now, because I just woke up. So I'll just say, wonderful poem and please keep writing! I've been dying of lack of poems from you. :)

P.S. Cookies? *looks at you hopefully*
peachykeen chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
E-dog! So, this poemey was very enjoyable and I really liked the images in my head, but do I detect a typo in the line "embedded in a fleeting inspiration for a memory OF two" Shouldn't that be "OR two" It's okay, it happens to the best of us! Righteo!
susupop chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
this one is very interesting. each stanza has it's own meaning (eeeh...even tho i can only understand a few -) I like the second one "If words are only words/then it shouldn't matter if/I big you good day with a frown/or damn you to Hell with a smile" Anyways, it does flow very nicely...sort of like a waterfall of words...just flowing down down down... I like!
little miss muffet chapter 1 . 7/25/2002
This one is amazing! You're best by about a trillion, the intensity of texture, the metaphores and imagery that's battling in your work, the colour in emotion...definately inspiring. Not depressing, just...breath-taking in a freaky way. This one's getting printed out!

LMM