Reviews for Escape
SunshineRay chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
James is one twisted character. This one-shot was such a good read. Even if it was short, it left a lot to the imagination. it really made me just sit here and think. awesome. keep it up
Navaura chapter 1 . 8/10/2008
Wow, your writing is great. I started out going to school for a master's in Journalism, because I love to write, but figured out early that I like to do it in my own time, come up with my own ideas, not ride off of others. So, I quit that and now am going into Criminal Justice. I figure I'm going to try my hand at Crime Scene investigation.

Well, I'm going to read the entire story, and will get back to you with the overall review, stating how good the story was.
PearlinTheMist chapter 1 . 6/18/2006
woe, that, totally caught me off guard. I like one-shots like this, which is why I write them so much under a secret pen name lol. I reserve this one for the crap I'd actually let people I know read. Anyway, as I said, you're amazing, and I can't wait to see more of your work.
YS chapter 1 . 2/22/2006
wow... that's pretty a pretty powerful short you got there... its amazing! the ending totally blew me away! there's so much depth, so much moral... i think you should get it published! at my university, there's a club called stop the violence against women... i'm sure they'd love this... you're so good! i have goosebumps!
Aphrodite chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Wow...That was very powerful. It's sad though...the fact that he was given a second chance and that was yanked away from him. This is a great story and it makes people think twice. Keep writing...you have a true and great talent.
thewindcriesmary chapter 1 . 6/26/2005
Wow, that's some powerful imagery. It applies to all of your senses which I find impressive. I love the somewhat incomplete ending that leaves the reader wondering what James will do next. Great story.
poopistolove chapter 1 . 2/16/2005
Like everyone else has said before me, truly amazing. When I read the "Thank you," he whispered...I didn't see there was another line after that and got confused, thinking he'd beaten her to death, but when I saw the real last line-wonderful.

It really makes you think about things you do that you shouldn't and how you might not have time to change them even if you wanted to-that someone might take the oppertunity before you see it yourself.

Lovely.
Stormy Daye chapter 1 . 11/27/2004
I think this would be really good if you made it longer. You should just explain more about James. It's good though, I liked it.
Theanyx chapter 1 . 7/7/2004
Amazing, each twist really impacted you. But I felt like it was all a little rushed, the reader doesn't have that much time to take it all in.
skatergirlFOREVER chapter 1 . 5/6/2004
whoa your one hell of a writer...or...writter (however you spell that)
hell'a lot better than me!
Shinn chapter 1 . 4/24/2004
Oh wow...the last line. There's such a harsh power in it; it just goes straight in you. Great job.
Cardinal Chuck chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
I really really liked this story. In the beginning I didn't really know what was going on, but you brought it together for a really nice ending. I get tired of "haha it was dream, they all live happily everafter" endings and I'm glad you don't write them. (I don't either)
Anywho, I see that you are a journalist, such is my future career (I hope). How do you like it?
DF8 chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
Wow...awesome job,TDS...I love the ending. I thought it was about his g/f dying in a car crash, but then it turned out to be a dream...I really didn't expect that. And I REALLY didn't expect her to kill herself either. *shakes head in awe* But I must say I can't really feel all that sorry for him, considering how he abused her, saying things like "Things will get better"...*rolls eyes* I hate guys like that. No wonder she killed herself.
Anyways, awesome short story, very twisty (hehehe), and the emotions and images were very clear and well-done. Great job. :)
Chaser Scott chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
That was wonderful...

Your descriptions were beautiful and vivid. You got the message across and here's one reviewer who understood what happened. That was clever. Excellent job.

~Jerika
kirsten was chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Shit, man, this is freaking weird. Lol but I like it. I wonder what James did?