Reviews for Blessing and Curse
Abelina chapter 32 . 4/27/2004
Well Ketharil, your other fiction has proved to be just as excellently written and absolutely intriguing as your fanfiction is!
I read all 32 chapters today - I was so enthralled I couldn't stop if I had wanted to.
Okay, let's see...
Of course, your dialogue was excellent. You write banter very well no matter what type of fiction you are writing.
Your plot is very well developed, everything fits together without anything seeming amiss.
I especially like the attention to detail you've devoted to Ainé's "fate", and the underwold/undead aspect of the story. You've explained everything very well.
I like your characters, I like your descriptions, and I LOVED the story!
And, of course, I wouldn't be me if I didn't request an UPDATE!
~Abelina~
wednesday chapter 32 . 4/12/2004
This was a fantastic chapter, albeit a bit short. Some of the imagery was quite good, and it bring quite a lot of insight into these two characters. PLEASE UPDATE!
kt chapter 32 . 1/31/2004
Hey! Wow! Your story is great! Write more and hurry! Lisa was right when she told me this is a great story! You define the characters so well! MAKE SURE LISA TELLS ME WHEN YOU PUT YOUR NEXT CHAPTER UP! I can't wait to read more!~kt
wednesday chapter 32 . 1/18/2004
THANK YOU! This chapter was short, but I liked it... I love how the romance between Aine and Dair is so strong yet so understated... Aine must feel really torn...
ps. There BETTER not be anymore semester long haituses!
Siond chapter 32 . 1/14/2004
YAY! Finaly she gets to read a chapter! and a very sweet one at that;)- should have been longer wants to read more!...therefore you must write more and soon!
matane,
Dreana
Quantum chapter 32 . 1/12/2004
As you can see, I'm a pretty faithful follower. _
Been checking every week for months now hoping to see the continuation, and I must say I am not disappointed. 2004 is looking good.
I can see you dispensed with the flurry of the celebration balls for Dair-Aine. Thank you for not letting us stew in further frustration while one after another is introduced to the happy couple. But should you ever compile it all into a full novel, you might wanna consider inserting that bit in, just for appearances' sake ... besides making the tale longer. It'd add to the realism since it is part and parcel of court etiquette, I think.
What I would like to question however is the fact that Dair has no changing room off his sleeping chamber or screen to change behind. Even if he were a bachelor before, might his mother not have made the necessary preparations (renovations) to his room to accommodate the newly-weds? That way, they don't have to fumble in embarrassment with their backs turned and in dim weyr light.
But I'm really happy you're back. Very very happy.
sincerely disregard chapter 32 . 1/11/2004
Hello. I was worried. I thought you died or worse, gave up on writting. The plot is taking a very pleasing turn. Nothing more to say except don't you dare die again like that and leave your readers hanging. Bye.
wednesday chapter 31 . 11/12/2003
hey...

i've read yo8ur story again and again and i'm still loving it... but PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE! please... ack... i guess i must resort to useless spamming...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
wacka dkid chapter 31 . 11/8/2003
you write the political intrigue side of your story very well. everything is really good right now. hope you update soon!
Wednesday chapter 31 . 10/4/2003
Its really good, I recently re-read it... I know I'm probebely the 300th person to say this, but PLEASE UPDATE!

Other than that, the cliffhanger alone was enough to make me hire Barney and tell him to track you down and dance and sing until you update. (he he he...)
MikaQ chapter 31 . 9/13/2003
O.O' Oh my...that was an unexpected turn of events...

what will Rennil do now that he sees she's not really living? What will Dair's parents say? When will the next chapter be up?
Shyni chapter 31 . 9/4/2003
OMG that was SO not supposed to have happened _...evil. Anyways, awesome chapter, and if it comes down to Rennil controlling her its gonna be way to dramatic *rolls eyes* cuz she seems like one of those undead thingys, u know? _ *hugs* keep going! (a.k.a. wwrite more!)
Quantum chapter 31 . 9/4/2003
I thought it had taken too long. Seems you're not the only one with complaints about . Of course, I would know nothing about the why's and how's. I'm about as pissed as you because it deprived me of reading one of my fav fics. _

This chap's rather short, but it does stop at a good place, ie, Rennil's shock. You've just GOT TO write more on the magic bits. All about how the spells and runes work. I'm still a bit puzzled by how he can hold it hidden for so long and perform it so publicly, what more in front of another magic user (Dair) without him sensing it. For soem reason, I was under the impression that magic users can sense magic. Hinted at in an earlier chapter? Or maybe I'm just confusing my fics. But what about Aine? Having been bespelled, would she be able to sense magic being used? Not that she can perform it but like feel tingles, prickles or something? Now can't wait to find out his next move. Oh gawd, I'm starting to think of everything as pieces on the chess board. That's what you get for watching all the new animes like Last Exile and Stellvia of the Universe.

Back to the review. I love that exchange between Dreana and Aine and how Dair was ignored. That's just how things are, aren't they? And the fact that Fail managed to butt in oh-so-smoothly made it even more hilarious.

Dreana's excuse, plausible as it may be, seems rather thin. Would have expected her parents to see through it, knowing their daughter's ever inquisitive nature. So, hm there.

Think I mentioned this in my last review, but what the heck ... I think it would work better if this chap was joined to the previous chapter, which seemed to end rather uh, um, limply (no offence!). Unless you're thinking of this in tv terms. You know, like the break between the last chapter and this can be construed as an sort of thing. Then, you have cliffhanger bit. But even so, it should have been earlier, like when Aine made her entrance into the Dragonslair and captures the expressions on the faces of the inhabitants.

Which were missing btw, apart from Faily. Thought the noisy woman would have been mentioned.

It's still a pretty tight chapter here though. That's good. Good luck and have fun with school, but don't forget to have with this fic too. Hopefully you'll find inspiration from amongst yor profs.
Siond chapter 31 . 9/4/2003
hum...forshadowing you said...has ideas...but not sure- she guesses she will have to wait to see if she is right. next chapter please.. and where are my emeralds!

Dreana- see she took your advice and registered

matane
Wednesday chapter 30 . 8/20/2003
Amazing! I've been totally and utterly sucked into this and havent stopped reading and re-reading this for HOURS. I love the way you portayed the Underworld and the living dead, but not half as much as Angel. I'll be looing forward to an update! A writer lives for reviews, but a reader is always hounding for an update! Great job on the Rennil's workshop scenes, they give me the shivers.

Other than that, great job on writing the Dair and Aine romance scenes, suprisingly well-written for what would otherwise be an blatantly cliched pair.

Wednesday.

P.S. What happened to Hennessa?
172 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »