Reviews for Bittersweet Gift
european coffee addict chapter 1 . 6/22/2001
*sighs* Friendship is one of the greatest things on earth. It's a force, which let you become a better person. bye bardofberlin
al'Laine Aranielle id Larq chapter 1 . 12/16/2000
) Nicely done. You have great potential. Oh, Thanks for reviewing my other story. I made you guys something new called "The Play of Shadows" for Christmas P .
european coffee addict chapter 1 . 12/15/2000
God! Normally I don't read poetry, but I guess I'll read all of yours. Its unbelievable touching!
Darkling1 chapter 1 . 12/1/2000
~sighs~ i don't usually read any poems pertaining to he meets she, heartbreak ensues, but this was *nice* and thanks for reviewing mine!
AngelGirl chapter 1 . 11/27/2000
that was really good... i liked it
saturnalia22 chapter 1 . 11/24/2000
I agree with your choice of a title... it is definately a bittersweet poem. The thing that makes good poems good is that they can be related to no matter how obscure they are. They are vague enough that each person can make his/her own interpretation of what the poem means. I saw this poem as the questions and "what if"'s that run through someone's mind when they're away from the one they care about. I especially like the last two lines, which I've repeated to myself during my darkest times. This is a great poem... interestingly obscure or obscurely interesting. I can't decide which.
Katrina chapter 1 . 11/1/2000
That was very moving. Wow you're really good too.
Sadie chapter 1 . 10/31/2000
Wow! This powerful poem was written very well. Keep up the good work!
Arella Ashkenazic chapter 1 . 10/28/2000
Wow. That was a powerful poem. It makes me remember to treasure every moment with the people I love :o)
Makaila chapter 1 . 10/27/2000
I like this one too. It's very true about life. :
Jamie Thomas Durbin chapter 1 . 10/25/2000
It doesn't seem to matter

That it isn't quite eternal

Because the time we have is precious

And we understand our friends

And through the friends we're blessed with

We can look into a mirror

That will show us for forever

What our inner soul is like.
Akira Bane chapter 1 . 10/20/2000
Very cool , and I know nothing lasts forever .
Franimal chapter 1 . 10/13/2000
Wow...that was so *bittersweet*...LOL, a poem that lives up to it's title! It's the eighth wonder of the world! ;0p It's so hard to learn someone else, scratching below the facade they show the world can be exhausting. Nothing is worse then meeting someone and then finding out later on that they are a completely different person then what they originally showed. Lucky for me I have a gift for seeing right through people, unfortunately it only works in person... but a friend of mine has a pretty good policy that works in most situations. He stays wary of the people that are *too* likeable, they are fun at first (especially the pary all rolled up into one type of people) but they wear on you fast, the best friends are often the most unlikely ones. But in the all in all, you are right, none of it matteres in the long run. Most people let their relationships with others define them as people, but then they have nothing (no definition persay) without those people. Friendship is such a double sided sword. They can lift you up or bring you to a screeching halt. It is important to not loose sight of the bigger picture. If someone is really your friend then they will be there for you even if it's against their own better judgement or good will. I think I went off on a limb here thugh. Your poem seems to be a bit more intimate relationship oriented(?) and I think I extended the whole metaphor a bit far...but like it matters what I think anyways, thanks for the good read , "You may now return your brains to their original and upright positions, thank you for flying air Zero" You SP fan you!, Ciao ;p
Amphibea chapter 1 . 10/10/2000
This is a wonderful poem, and ends with something no-one should forget, but always seem to. "This can't last forever." The poem itself gives an impression that the author is not some commercial idiot, ripping their soul for money, but someone that thinks about things.
Sky Angel2 chapter 1 . 10/10/2000
ooooo very gut me friend very gut! keep writin