Reviews for The Optimist
SkItZoFrEaK chapter 8 . 4/15/2004
This is a fun story! You rush a few plot points, I think, but overall it's easy to follow. I like it!
Shadowed Istar chapter 8 . 1/27/2004
I like your style of writing. It gives such a humorous take on everything without trying too hard. Your characters are believable and interact well with each other. I feel really sorry for poor Raedon, betrayed and injured, facing the possiblity of never flying again... but, yeah...
update soon please.
Cyberskiver chapter 1 . 1/23/2004
Good introduction, and good descriptions.
Girlbrainiac chapter 1 . 11/27/2003
Absolutely one of the best stories I've ever read, on-line or off. The characters, all of them, are very intriging, the plot pulls you in at the first possible instant and won't let you go, and you have a delightful wit.

I especially like Vale, and how you give us very tantalizing hints about him, yet never say anything at all. Very in keeping with his character.

The world that you have created is also very vivid and original. Never have I run across a story in which magic is fading out and technology is taking over. It is a stroke of pure genius.

You should definitely get this published when you are finished writing it. I know that I would buy it!

Hanging by a thread and waiting for more,

Girlbrainiac
Duece of Spades chapter 7 . 11/19/2003
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I still love this story, and I still love Vale, and Bren...

And I think the Alexander's are woefully underestimated. _
48laws chapter 7 . 11/8/2003
*checks to see if I'm in the right demonsion* ...Apparently so.

Also a god exists if this story is being continued. Or she finally got off her lazy butt and froze hell after slapping some wings on pigs.

...*cough* Yeah, and it'd be definately appreciated if you contiued, that it would.
Duece of Spades chapter 6 . 9/22/2003
Excellent chapter!

Raedan...can I snuggle him? Aww!

I just wanted you to know this is still one of my favorite stories, and I'm still reading it. _
Duece of Spades chapter 5 . 7/31/2003
BWAH! I love it!

I really do feel bad for Readen, I really really do. And Emica ain't half bad either. At least she doesn't make me want to take a chainsaw to that tree she's sittin' it.

Vale's still my favorite. D Obnoxious li'l bugger.

Golgio's thought about li'l pink monkeys made me snort my milk. ;

I am sorry for not replying to your e-mail by the way...but I'm a lazy butt, and by the time I remembered *to* reply, my sister had cleaned out my inbox. *melodramatic sigh*
professorchaos chapter 1 . 7/18/2003
I am thoroughly enjoying this story. You have an amazing storyteller way of going about things and I feel this has amazing potential. Your phrasing is equal parts whimsical, equal parts witty. I absolutely adore the characters, especially Huckel at the moment.

This is just a wonderful story! You should be very proud!
dawnsama chapter 2 . 7/15/2003
Haven't read the whole thing yet but so far I like it. Keep writing.
Thithsillus chapter 2 . 7/14/2003
HAH! I LOVE IT! I've only read part of it, but ya got me hooked!
Duece of Spades chapter 4 . 5/25/2003
I really like Vale.

Bren's cool too, but he's cool in that thickheaded, I know you can do better than that, dumb jock type way. It'll be interesting to see his nose (and pride) get bloodied along the way.

Not that I know if you're actually going to bloody Bren's nose, but I'm sure you get what I'm saying.

But I think Vale...and the Sorceress...are going to be what I think will keep me coming back. *big grin*
Simon Silvertongue chapter 4 . 3/23/2003
This story is realy good.
Naja Copperleaf chapter 3 . 2/16/2003
I like Vale. A bit wordy at times, but well-executed. Congrats. ;)
Naja Copperleaf chapter 1 . 2/16/2003
I really like this introduction for your fic. It's very original, and the description and vocabulary is well done. Makes me want to do a happy jig in my stilettos, never mind. ;)