Reviews for Pioneer
Jade Risley chapter 1 . 2/15
Very well written!
seventhchords chapter 1 . 3/27/2007
This was very creative and engaging piece of work, though not one without a message as well. Loved this piece.
Raimi Palmer chapter 1 . 8/4/2006
Amazing story. I wish there was a sequal or some sort of continuation, but then again, sometimes those kill the story.

Very interesting. The quote at the end was fitting.
Gina Ivy chapter 1 . 7/8/2006
If I came across this in a book store I would definately buy it! I hope you treat us all to a sequel!
Sairn chapter 1 . 4/25/2006
Extremely creative and engaging. The length makes it a good read and yet not too long. I hope you continue this story. Thanks for R&R'in mine. Keep it up.
lotus coin chapter 1 . 5/29/2005
Suspensful, imaginitive, and awinspiring, this short story really is a great story. Writen with an air of professionalism and descriptive detail, this is the kind of story I've been searching for on fictionpress and had found like a shiny diamond inside a trunk full of copper pennies.
dax chapter 1 . 7/1/2004
this is a good story. write mor e. let me knwo when you do.
kris chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
this is really interesting. it reminds me of independence day. (kind of sort of) it's good.
St. Muggwump chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
For whatever it's worth, I thought this was an extremely well written story. Yes, as another reviewer said, it's kind of maudlin, but that's what makes it such a nice change from the everyday. I can see why people are clamoring for a sequel, the alien race you've created (not to mention the human cast of characters) is amazingly fleshed out for such a short piece. It boggles the mind to think about what you might do if you made this into a novel-length story. Please, write more.
Admiral chapter 1 . 6/28/2003
This got off to a great start, then went completely downhill from the first mention of the Pioneer project on Earth. If there really were so many problems spinning through the mind of the project scientist why would the plaque on the stupid thing stay at the forefront of her mind throughout three decades, so much so that when she's called to the White House the very first thing she thought about was Pioneer? What, she never worked on anything else in the intervening time? And a couple of your reviewers mentioned that they were glad there were no sci-fi cliches, but I think you could have used a lot more of them, especially of the aliens-attack-and-humanity-kicks-butt variety. You could have made this more suspenseful and longer, and thus a more enjoyable read. The way it reads now it's just maudlin.
BlueRenamon chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
This story has potential to be a great novel. It starts well, and reads like a treat, but the end seems rushed. However, it leaves room for a sequel.

An excellent story
Kiri of Gondor chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Whoa. Write a novel and publish it, so I can read it.

(In case you couldn't tell, I liked the story. _)
Lanberto chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
A good read with only minor spelling errors.

I liked your other works before at .
Cestershire chapter 1 . 2/10/2002
I just have one thing to say love it ! Please write more ! Can I have some more ... Please !
Rogue Knight chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
Well, that definitely makes for a change from the benevolent superraces that people much SF literature. I liked it.