Reviews for Just Like The Weather, Part One: Breaking
Nickchick chapter 26 . 4/2/2003
Good ending to this chapter. I really like this story, I think it's my second favorite, behind Elaborate Eccentricities of course. I like how you brought in Dagmar's relationship with Melanie in this chapter and let it affect the situation with her and Mack. It made their relationship seem more real.
cshliv a.k.a Liv chapter 26 . 4/1/2003
Alright, Ok, before I start, I’d like to say that I’m reviewing not only for *this* fic but for Anywhere But Here, and Never Leave Me in general ‘cause I’m just too lazy to really review all three separately. I know, I lick. Bite me?

Anywho, what can I say? I’m a big fan here! No, I haven’t actually read *all* your stuff but I’ve read enough to know that I like what I see so far.

Anyway, love the fic. Dag's just a little too ego-centric and too caught up with the 'me-me-me' attitude but I guess that's what I like about her. She’s real and not fake cause people *are* like that. No one’s perfect.

I must admit though that I have noticed a pattern with some of your characters though. (I think you mentioned that already. I’m just dense, heh.) I’m talking about the hurt, bruised and battered heroine with a bitter past and an ex she just can’t seem to get rid of. It feels a little as though you’re just rehashing the same persona over and over for each fic, and I’d be yelling at you about that by now but the thing is, I don’t care. I don’t know how you did it but you’ve managed to drag me down into totally loving your fic, leaving me wanting more and more. I mean yeah, Dag, Aleck, Anje *are* kind of the same, but they’re not. They’re like, different in their own special way. (That sounded a little too Sunday School didn’t it? Ick.) I’m probably not making any sense but you get me right? (Right?)

Another thing. Normally, I hate flashbacks. I don’t know why either. When I see a fic that’s got flashbacks I usually close the window cause it feels like such a drag to get through. I find that most authors reveal too much at a time and it bores the hell out of me. It feels like slave labor trying to get through pages and pages of stuff I already knew was gonna happen in the first place. You on the other hand don’t do that. THANK GOD. With you and your fics, it’s like uncovering a mystery or piecing together a puzzle. I mean, there’s *actual* suspense.

…..I said that pretty lame huh? (

*cough*

What else..what else…ooh! Call me a masochist, or better yet, maybe I just have *the* worst taste in girls but I kinda like Mack. Actually, I've noticed that in all your stories, I've got this thing for all your bad girls, you know, the evil, manipulative bitches like Jane & Kia. (Except Loren…grr..evil whore!) Well, *I* don't think they're bitches but everyone else seems to think so. Maybe I'm just sick? Or just a bitter and obsessive ex…hmm…But I did love Morgan! *sniffles* I was crushed when you..well you know. She kinda reminded me of Faye from “Rubyfruit Jungle” with her carefree, snarky, attitude. (Great book btw, have you read it?)

Before this review gets to be longer than it already is, I’ll just say thank you. For what? For actually writing and updating and caring about us readers that need good authors to fuel them up with great stories. Writing’s tough and updating and stuff is kind of a commitment if you think about it. And hey! Who said you weren’t good enough to actually have your stuff published? You haven’t actually tried sending it to a publisher have you? So you wouldn’t know for sure would you? Take a chance girl. Who knows? Maybe you got what it takes, and you know, if it doesn’t work at first, keep trying. If you really wanna do it, take a risk, keep trying until it works. You gotta start somewhere? )

And I think I’ll stop there cause I feel like I’m sounding just a little too Barney and Friends for my liking…*gag*

Liv
Shadow Girl chapter 26 . 3/29/2003
It was a very strong chapter. Every word seemed to mean something. i'm glad you didn't end it with Dag kissing Mack, or somethind, cos that just wouldn't have worked. Mack is a brilliant character, you seem to create her with a few words, yet she seems like such a real person. I'm not so sure about Dag, she seems to change her peersonality a little, here and there, but she's still very well written. Write more soon, this story reads like an award winning novel, not like an average fictionpress story, and its great to read it.
Just Wolf chapter 25 . 3/22/2003
The last is so powerful it's hard to grasp at first. Dag seems so two-faced, yet not really bad or doing anything wrong at the same time. She like she's a strong person, who doesn't understand weakness yet at the same time she's very weak and scared herself. Mack relates to her well, yet their personalities fight eachother more than before in this chapter. They may have been more angry in other chapters but in this one they both seemed to grow up and seperate more than ever before, especially Dagmar. Write more soon, i'm getting even more enthralled.
Streamline chapter 24 . 3/5/2003
i didnt really find that depression, just dragged on past the point. PERSONALLY!
Just Wolf chapter 24 . 3/4/2003
story is getting better and then better again. Now that i've got to the last of your posted chapters I just want to read more - and more.

But I think you should bring Melanie in to it again. I mean, as Dag's engaged to her, wouldn't she think about her at least a little? Mack has got a great character now *yay* , and I really feel sorry for her. she seems like the poor misunderstood one. The scene at the end of "wrong" was really great, it gave me such strong images.

anyway, update soon, please! A lot of people must say that to you.!
Just Wolf chapter 16 . 2/28/2003
I love this story. It is so gripping. I've only got to the sixteenth chapter, but that's just cos my internet connection SuCkS. I'll read the rest soon, it's really brilliant. That last chsapter was amazing, it was so striking and strong. The beinging chapters I really liked as well, you did Dag and Mack getting to know eachother really well. Mack's mother was a great well defined character. She might have only got a few words, but I got such a strong impression of her. Dagmar is a really well written character too. I feel like I know her. I'm not so sure about Mack, but I haven't read the whole thing so i'm probably putting down nothing!

oh, and please read&review one of my stories. Ah, go on, you know you want to. *i'm also a reveiw whore - that's a great expression, by the way!*
ForeverPained chapter 24 . 2/28/2003
.obviously dag is growin, she admitted to her chap, good chap indeed
AriadneEthereal chapter 24 . 2/28/2003
Mack isn't really a villain, I feel just as sorry for her as everyone else. And being depressed isn't automatically a bad thing. The dialogue in this chapter was really touching and real, I actually welled up. Am I counting my chickens, or is this starting to become more positive?
AriadneEthereal chapter 23 . 2/26/2003
It's just lovely coming here for my daily dose of depression. I feel so sorry for everyone in this, couldn't you make one of them evil so that my life was a little easier? Send Loren in so that everyone can become reunited in hate for her! It's scary when characters become so real that they ruin your day. Keep it up.
s.o.s chapter 23 . 2/26/2003
*sound of sos's mouth randomly opening, then closing. then pointing at fic. then going wide eyed.. then more openenig and closingness* (sounds like a fish kind of. but more frantic and shocked)
s.o.s chapter 9 . 2/22/2003
OH GOD! WHY DIDNT I FIND THIS STORY BEFORE! OH MY FUCKIN HELL! this rocks mick, man im so feckin into this, so feckin good. man oh man oh.. feckin brilliant, my dear this is wonderful, absolutely wonderful! THE TWIST! sos
s.o.s chapter 7 . 2/22/2003
and you said you'd never use different viewpoints. lies.. all lies.
kim chapter 22 . 1/27/2003
deep...damn deep
nevergoesout chapter 22 . 1/18/2003
know what daddy?

this update makes me want to go out and have a cigarette. or perhaps two. god.

but it's 3:21am, my connection sucks, and i don't have a cigarette anywhere, damnit.

and yeah, so maybe this update answered questions... but that doesn't stop me from asking for another update. lol.

and another thing. i'll try to shorten my missing-in-action time. *wink*

update.