Reviews for XLab
IAMGinny chapter 28 . 11/17/2012
OK, just let me say that this story was a beautiful work of art. You should consider getting this published, it's better than most of the crap in bookstores today. So thank you for a wonderful story!
JLRoze chapter 28 . 1/7/2011
omg.

GREAT story! i was so worried that Devin would become nastier or that, later on, he's died but everything's good now! hansen is totally dead and the XLabs are done for! And, most importantly, Sandra and Devin love each other HURRAY!

Fantastic story!

~Shay~
AngelaMM chapter 28 . 3/14/2010
I'm pretty sure that this is one of the best stories I have ever read. No joke. You are a fantastic writer, and very inspiring. Great job. Five stars. Two thumbs up. All that jazz.

P.S. You should publish this story, I would deffinetly buy it, and recomend it to many friends.
JoeyLi chapter 28 . 12/31/2006
First off I would like to say that you're brilliant. This was overall an excellent story with great characters.

I liked your future description of the world and it was great that you weaved new inventions throughout the story. Although I don't see how a city would build upwards(something like The Jetsons?) if there was pollution at the bottom, because wouldn't that mean the Ozone layer be polluted too? I really don't know.

On the other hand, i felt that some parts seemed forced, like they were the easy way out. First is the part where Hansen told all the doctors and scientists what Devin really was. I know it was an important bit, but the information had such a mysterious air upon it that i didn't know it would just be reveal so easily. Moreover, Hansen said that Devin had a lot of powers that he didn't even know of, but i didn't exactly see any of those 'powers'. The only new thing i saw was that he could control his wings. Which leads me to commend you on a lot of the new inventions that you placed into these super-humans. It was very colourful.

Another thing, i wish you talked more about the romance between Devin and Sandra because when Devin kissed her, i felt exactly how i felt watching Brokeback Mountain: "What?" I knew they had an attraction, and i saw that in Devin with him being jealous with Sven and all, but it wasn't enough. I guess that little kiss scene wasn't enough to stir up any "awe" feelings in me and i think you should add something more to it. And also, add some more subtle hints or moments throughout the story.

Last improvement bit: Grace. I knew she was good and that she had to send a parcel out, but that was one side of the story. There were never any hints about a missing sister to Debbie so therefore, it just felt it was a filler and something to add to a twist. So some addition may be needed there too.

Other than that, i think with some improvement and some bits and pieces here and there, it's excellent! I loved the ending because you told me their life story without actually 'telling' it to us. You implied it and that's a fabulous way of giving us some direction of interpretation. You can only improve from here so just keep on writing in the free world.

Joey

ps. when i first read the description of Devin, it made me think of another story on fp called Anything But That by Dreaming One. You should read it, although its not finished yet, it might give you a muse.
Jeffro Wiggans chapter 4 . 2/10/2006
Is there a sequel?
Elocin chapter 16 . 7/14/2005
i liked this chapter too. I think stealing is defintely wrong, but if I was in the same situation I don't know what i would do. At least they can go back and try to pay for everything after everything was over. I was reading your answers to reviewers, and I agree with you about having sex before marriage.
Elocin chapter 13 . 7/14/2005
Me again! AW, i loved this chapter. I like it when Deven talks more.
Elocin chapter 4 . 7/14/2005
I love this story so far. No matter what your family says you should continue with your gift in writing.
Keja Toshiro chapter 15 . 5/9/2005
book mark
Alianne Erinae chapter 28 . 1/31/2005
Hi. I somehow got to your geocities homepage, where i first read this story. I promptly got When the Wind Blows, by James Patterson, from the library, and read it as well, since you had mentioned it. It was wonderful, as was X Lab.

I was desperate to email you about this fic, but I couldn't find any email on your site, so I eventually found my way here.

I mostly read silly Harry Potter stuff, but this was one of the best stories I have ever read. I am no good at writing anything that is not fan fiction, and your fic just blew me away. I cried when Devin disappeared after the helicopter crash, it was so sad. I'm so glad he turned up okay. Anyway, I just wanted to say that you are an incredible writer.

You should definatly publish this (can you, if its posted online? I'm not sure?) if you can. Remember, Christopher Paolini, who did Eragon wrote it when he was 15, too.

Okay, this is review probably sounds ridiculous and stuff. Just, great story. I'm heading over to right now to read you harry potter stuff. If its anything like this, i'll have to add it to the fav list on my profile.
S.E.Goose chapter 10 . 11/2/2004
It gets better and better with every chapter! If you don't mind lots o' blood n stuffs, check out my story! *pweese?* *_*
S.E.Goose chapter 4 . 10/20/2004
This should be made into a movie or something. . . It's really kewel! This is going in my favorites. . .
Devin-Jamie chapter 1 . 3/5/2004
This story sounds brilliant! And I haven't even started reading it. I just finished a book called Turnabout. Maybe you've heard of it. Maybe that is why this sounds so obviously magnificent to me. Or maybe it's just because I'm getting deeper into sci-fi. This is science fiction, right? Well, of course it is! How silly of me to even ask. But i am only 12, so you can't blame me. The reason I asked if you had read Turnabout is because it somehow (although i'm not sure how) reminded me of it. But bother with that not and on with the show!
Frayed-Wires chapter 6 . 7/8/2003
I've just started this story and whoa. This is one of the best sci-fi stories I ever read. It feels like I'm reading a published book I bought from a store. Can't get enough of it. Bye, gonna go read the rest of your chapters.
Dulcinea chapter 28 . 6/19/2003
OMG! THE BEST STORY EVER! i love it! you had better get this thing published maggie! i mean it! it's too good to keep away from people who dont read stuff on this site! ack, it's wonderful! great beginning, fantastic middle, heart warming end. i simply loved it! keep up the great work, you've got talent!
150 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »