Reviews for The Slave
rowantree13 chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
You've written true verse- It expresses what people can feel every day. I know I've felt it.

Bravo and kudos.
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Wow. That's a really interesting thought. The pace of the poem is good, too. Nice job.
Ice Dagger chapter 1 . 3/31/2004
Again, a powerful piece. You have a view of the world quite similar to mine, except you express it better. _ Kudos to you.
bach-player chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
i love the idea of freedom w/i structure...'slavery'...dramatically done. wonderful. you're rhyming is first rate...i can never pull that off so well!
MagenDavid chapter 1 . 12/19/2003
So very true...
So very good...
person chapter 1 . 7/31/2003
it is quite thought provoking, i'm a bit confused, but i kinda get what u mean..great job :)
r4in chapter 1 . 7/14/2003
very.. *struggles to find a word* raw and thought provoking yet very true. we are so controlled by 'chains' eg rules that even without it we would not know how to make use of this freedom, so conditioned in looking to guidelines for some kind of guidence and direction. in many ways we are slaves, subject to the world's and our own.. desires, feelings and beliefs.
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
Interestin.. Very interestin.. Its irony presented in a very unique way.. Made me think for quite a bit.. I read the poem abt 5-6 times in all and each time it struck me differently The last stanza had a huge impact on me.. A very well explored theme.. I enjoyed the perspective as well as how we all are slaves.. Deep poem and very impressive..
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
There is so much meaning in this poem! It really makes you think, and the rhyming is perfect. The only way I can think of that it could be better is if you gave an anology - although you give several examples (borders, chains, etc.) it's hard for people to imagine something that both keeps you holds you back and lets you live your life the way you want to. I don't know if there is an analogy you could use, but the song is great without it anyway. Keep writing!
Starlight Rain chapter 1 . 10/28/2002
Another amazingly undescribable poem. Another idea which I had never heard, but seems so terribly obvious now. Another stunningly gorgeous poem.

Please continue to write!

Say You'll Remember
Individual-9086 chapter 1 . 10/20/2002
So true . . .

Life is a haiku, you are given a ver strict format, but within the lines you are free to do as you choose.

Very expressive writing. Good job.
liscarthan-rae chapter 1 . 9/26/2002
Couldn't relate more. We have evolved dependant on the little worlds we live in. Being human isn't blood, being or existance, it's virtual worlds we live in which we believe are so relevant.
Jennifer Jolie chapter 1 . 9/24/2002
That's true, AGAIN (are you sick of me saying this? ). Sometimes I feel like I want to break free of everything... but without these things, what are we?
Angelic Hooligan chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
reminds me of something, but can't think of what it is. i like it. you're very good with words.
kElvis chapter 1 . 9/2/2002
this is so true...i never really thot of it this way...its like a song that just needs music

**Kaitlin**