Reviews for my national anthem
Jack's Broken Heart chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
That was one of the most interesting poems about Canada I’ve ever read. I say interesting because I don’t like to openly call things appalling. It’s been said before but the generalization in that piece was inexcusable. FictionPress is a public site; you shouldn’t abuse that to get across your own opinions. Particularly in a piece where the oversimplifications have nothing to do with the topic. Americans are not all high-school drop-outs or ‘inbred hicks’ and you’re being a hypocrite by saying they know nothing about Canada when you know nothing about them. As a Canadian, I appreciate a bit of America-bashing every so often but the comments you made were just spiteful for no reason. Also about our government, have you ever been Prime Minister? I’m betting you haven’t so you would know nothing about how to deal with an entire country, let alone international concerns. While you say you are not ‘bashing the country’ you openly are because voters pick a government that they think will represent Canada and its beliefs and priorities. Lastly about the grammar in this piece. How can you expect people to listen to what you have to say when you can’t spell ‘ignore’ correctly? Or use the vast power of capitalization that the rest of us learned in the second grade? Or are you one of those ‘semi retarded high school graduates’ you seem to hate so much. In your own words ‘talk about an ego trip’.
broken wings241 chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
YAY! I read this ages ago on my first account and reviewed it then and now I always sing this version of the Canadian ANthem...
Dancing Canadian chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
That's an awful lot of generalizations you know. Not ALL Americans are really bad and egotistical. Two of my bestest friends are from the States... 'inbred hicks' and 'semi-retard high school graduates' seems rather inappropriate. You should try to get your point across without insulting people because people will be too focused on the insults to see exactly what your point is. Thank-you.
The Crazy Cricket chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
Heh! I know perfectly well where Canada is, thank you very much! And that asia is a continent! You're talking about the highschool dropouts not graduates! I don't have anything against Canada (Unless it's to poke fun at Quebec, that province is messed...) But don't you see that you're making the same generalizations about us that some of us do about you? Jeez! And I think the anthem is kinda funny, actually...
leg-less Harry chapter 1 . 12/1/2002
Right now im might be mad but im not shure if your insulting my country or just...I don't now recreating our national anthem!
Chrissy444 chapter 1 . 9/10/2002
Hey there dude,

I'm canadian and I do believe that I think this is very good... not afraid to show ur opinion (i knew that)... and the whole thing is true (whether you wanna see it or not)

DW
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
why in the abyss would I bash your country?

At the moment I' far too busy bashing the leadership of my own?

You might be fair game but at the moment I have no interest in your country.
Daredee chapter 1 . 9/9/2002
can i ask a dumb question (and i wanna reply): are you canadian?