Reviews for Napoleon
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 10/17/2005
This, and your Alexander the great piece, are amazing, I love how you play with History, you make these people alive again, so wonderful. I'm floored, I wish I could write like you.

Juliet.
lorraine chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
like i said, this poem smells like daffodils and smiles and maybe dark red, and street noise, because of paris (you know, whoosh). like a big dark velvet canvas on which the softness and the vividness swallows the light (just like mirrors in very old theatres) and napoleon's rich red arrayed form stares with dark smoldering gaze from pale 19th century skin
miss meaningeverythingtome chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
yes, it's wonderful as always. and for some reason it amuses me highly. i wish i could write as well as you can. *sigh*
unexpected source chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
lovely. i hate overtly apprasing reviews, and i always end up giving them when im reviewing you. I always try and insult a bit, to show my disagreement with aimless senseless approval and oh your so talented and good, good poet! i like it, etc. but what do i say? that the best poets on here have an average of 2 reviews per poem becuase they confound the likes of "pretty when your faithful" ?

perhaps, perhaps darling the rose will curl over in the ice and create a mirror

and the crusadeirs will fall in laughing at their own entropy and that the world suffered from a heat death 20 years ago..

so heres my review.

Naploean is the most a fascinating subject, i think,

so horrid and viscous and despicable and yet, theres that admiration of great men. its so paradoxical. even the russians loved him and hated him simultanously as they burnt there own cities and crops, scorching the earth in anticipation of the french war god coming to conquer the earth.

kai