Reviews for The Schism
nautilus chapter 1 . 12/25/2002
..why does this make me think of ivan karamazov? it shouldn't. if anything, it should make me think of fyodor, or maybe dmitri. hmm. but i digress, as usual. truly excellent- the power caught in the words is breathtaking. painful to read, really. but in a good way. (i think i use that phrase too much, but it's really the only way to describe a piece such as this.) anyway, i'm rambling. many congratulations on a gorgeous poem.

hecuba
Odin1 chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
Your imagery is amazing. You are probably one of the better poets I have read on here. This poem, like most of your others are simply amazing in the picture they draw into my head. Keep it up!
moonlightsonata chapter 1 . 9/22/2002
You are the second person in a row on here to use a russian word. Do you speak Russian? Its surprizing and delightful.

The poem is sort of a mindful separation.

violent. I like this one.

Raman
unexpected source chapter 1 . 9/16/2002
i always see the tearing of a veil when i hear schism. then some breathes and the sky being red. Im not quite sure why.

this is very whalebone, circumspect like the

rows of pews, burning, laaa

kai
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 9/15/2002
ach, i wish there was some way i could be helpful in my reviews.

i read this poem then kai's. hehe.

i love the whale image, especially in the last line. this is a lot like eliot, and i am not just saying (typing?) that. so full of frightening and wonderful imagery.

wonderful