Reviews for The Butterfly
the mouse that roared chapter 3 . 5/11/2004
I like this series of poems. And it has such a happy ending. I can see how much you changed... And the butterfly/metamorphosis metaphor fits very well.
the mouse that roared chapter 2 . 5/11/2004
I like the happy ending. :) Did you plan the three poems at different ages out or did it just turn out this way?
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
This is very good for an eleven year old. A lot of thought is in it. The butterfly theme works well.
SweetWithUncertainty chapter 1 . 7/29/2003
Wow! Your poem was touching! You have a great sense of nature like in your other poems.
I'm leaving fictionpress chapter 3 . 7/12/2003
*huggles trilogy and refuses to let go* Cool! It's a really good idea to do this, for a start, and the poems are soo good. *puts down gently, then drops into faves list* Yeah, so... good job!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/10/2002
dee- i never saw these! i love the way the trilogy represents three different stages in your life. incredible imagery. "Suddenly I understand;

I had to be a slave

Before I could be free;

I had to know deep sorrow

Before I could know brilliant joy;

I had to be a cocoon

Before I could be a butterfly"

INCREDIBLE stanza... u finally turn urself into the butterfly that has been struggling throughout all three poems. GO YOU!
evm chapter 3 . 10/28/2002
It's happy!And it's so true poem, I love it!
Individual-9086 chapter 3 . 10/20/2002
Very good. I really like the concept hear, but I don't really see the sence of time passing. If you really wrote the first poem at age eleven, you were quite the precocious eleven year old. I have a sister that age, who is considered "bright" and her vocabulary and writing style don't come close. If you really wrote it at what age you say you did, I give you serious props.
Stormer chapter 3 . 10/15/2002
This was awesome. What an incredible closing to the series :) I love the fact that the elation you clearly felt as you wrote this (or so it seems to me) is kind of transmitted to the reader. I am one of those weirdos who isn't sure whether the cocoon is a prison or a haven - haven't quite made up my mind (as in my cocoon, not yours; you clearly know what yours is/was). Anyway...well done!
Stormer chapter 2 . 10/15/2002
I think the last could've been different somehow...not so much "golden sunshine", that is kinda...I dunno. COuld've been differently descriptive, but overall the poem was really good. I can see some obvious differences in mood from the last poem but it has a similar rhythm in parts. I'm going to read on anyway. p.s. I do like the ongoing theme of the butterfly/coccoon etc.
Stormer chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
I hope that last bit turned out to be true :) this was a lovely poem particularly for how old you were when you wrote it. Well done! I liked this part amongst others: "A larva

I was happy

I saw the grace and beauty

Of the butterfly"

Though the butterfly thing is a bit of a cliché you handled it really well in this.
Keighan Moureau chapter 3 . 9/29/2002
What a wonderful poem. It's one of those things that shouts at you "There's a light at the end of the tunnel!"
rumor chapter 1 . 9/27/2002
I really like these, good imagery. Actually, I looked at these cuz I have this wierd fear of butterflys so I wanted to check'em out..hehe Keep writin'
Pretty-woman chapter 3 . 9/25/2002
Awesome! You did a great job on this! Keep writing!
Pretty-woman chapter 2 . 9/25/2002
I don't know how I missed the rest of the chapters. You were a good poet even at such young age. Thanks for the review! This is nice also . Keep writing!