Reviews for Norfolk
Aviendha19 chapter 1 . 10/16/2002
ah, lovely. genious. little filaments of genious are woven so intricately through the poem, little glowing lines of wonderfulness and (once i read of anne rice that a strand of armand's hair was a liquid filament pulled out of the light of a candle-flame, warm and glowing like the old world and lighting the hidden walls of the chamber like medieval hay, drowning in a sea of golden filaments medieval-pulled from the wobbling flame of a candle like a wick from new wax); i say, this poem is like running one's fingers through armand's hair as you wrap close and kiss his angel's lips, all the while gazing into deep deep eyes.

lorraine

ps sorry for waxing poetic but, ah this is a great poem. i wont go on
Kievsky chapter 1 . 9/26/2002
This sounds almost like it takes place in the 1800's, decades after the Civil War. It makes me think of all of the tall ships sitting at harbor and a few sailing by in complete silence, before cars or motorboats were invented.

Old Norfolk, maybe? Even if it takes place in the present, the poem conjures up images of an undisturbed and underappreciated place.
Needa S chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
I'm not sure what you are are writing about I thought maybe a ship yard. But what do I know. Anyhow you have talent. Keep writing!