Reviews for lottery
aintawoman chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
oh the history! so littered with allusions!

Your poetry could do one of two things: make the reader realize how much they know, or how bloomingly ignorant they really are. One thing for sure, you are bloody brilliant my dear!

"puritanic england-isms"- that made me giggle.

Your history is so majestic, so rich. The horses. the wings. the wine. the wood. Brilliant. Bloody Brilliant.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 10/2/2002
*blink blink* All the big words...and metaphors...*blinks again, rubs eyes* I don't understand it at all. Is there a reason why you didn't use any capitalization anywhere?

I don't understand the poem, but it seems very lovely to me nonetheless.

Do tell me what it means, however!

Keep writing! Peace
Piper Cub chapter 1 . 9/29/2002
I wish I could write extended poetry like this, but I guess I'm just a light aircraft :P Yeah. OK, bad puns aside, I thoroughly enjoyed this piece. I'm thinking maybe you should start writing some historical fiction (consider that a request if you're willing to take me up on it). My all-time fave is Gary Jennings. He writes some LOOOOOOONG novels (short's good though, don't get me wrong).

I found one place where the language confused me:

"and Jerusalem gave out lives in bird song."

I wasn't quite sure which definition of "lives" you were using. It's a homograph, you know. Maype if you split this line into two, it'll me more understandable.

Anyway, your poem wore me out, so I'm going to quit now.

A votre service -Piper Cub