Reviews for She Had Painted Her Toenails
lila chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
To be honest with you, I'd think the ending was a tad bit corny... I'm sorry that I think of it that way. But wow, you really portrayed the girl's emotionals well. I like your style of writing.
Pennythief chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
Wow... amazing. Just... wow.
Katrina Forest chapter 1 . 2/18/2003
This is a well-written and powerful story, I think regardless of the reader's political views, your bring your point out well. I love the way you draw the ending and beginning together, it's very effective.

I'm a bit confused as to how the narrator killed herself. I guessed by stabbing, but it's hard to tell. I suppose there's a certain effect to leaving it vaugue, but I just became lost because I didn't realize she was dying until the very end.

Another thing is the notes; you may want to cut back on them - they almost sound like a disclaimer of some kind. (But that's just my opinion.)

Overall, excellent work. Keep it up!

-Katrina
kif chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Sadly, this doesn't seem like too farfetched an outcome for the US. Wonderful write. -kif-
AriadneEthereal chapter 1 . 10/1/2002
Wow... first of all, I love everything you write. Second of all, I thought I was the only one who saw the future that way. Frightening, sad, but fantastic story