Reviews for In the Shadow of a Queen
Tricorvus chapter 7 . 4/23/2013
damn shame you left this unfinished. It might have been epic. Damn good chapter though, could have been a set-up for future chapters. Ah, well, leave 'em wanting more...
Tricorvus chapter 6 . 4/23/2013
THAT was - Magnificent!
Tricorvus chapter 5 . 4/23/2013
LOL, I'm laughing so hard! You, too have read the rumors of the time, that said that Neferure was Senenmut's get!
Great dream section! Sounds like happy horse-crap, unless you know, as we do, that all that came to pass, along a convoluted pathway...
Tricorvus chapter 4 . 4/23/2013
oh, you made a mistake. They didn't wear shoes. Sandals only. But still an uncomfortable pair is a nuisance.
Great story. Great chapter. Good lord, you remembered all the names. Brava! And you're right. All she ever wanted was a husband, not to rule and glitter. As with the couple I referenced in last chapter's review - he would have done better to dump the regal ice-queen and stay with the other, but alas, in both situations, it was not to be so.
Tricorvus chapter 3 . 4/23/2013
Great! I don't know from where you got that delicious tidbit about malachite eyeshadow, but in my vast research, it was one of the things I too turned up. The fact that you used actual facts like that about her, makes me like your story more.
LOL, this made me think of a married couple I know. The wife was frigid and only gave the utmost least she could possibly give her husband, yet when he sought consolation elsewhere, she was angry at him and denounced him to any who would listen. I see Hatshepset, like that wife.
Tricorvus chapter 2 . 4/23/2013
Again, good! The first part is historically accurate and told from Iset's pov, original and still satisfying. The second part was a very good love scene between two desperate children. I know the feeling. I almost gave in to one like that at 15. I understand perfectly.
Tricorvus chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Good chapter! I have never seen one from Iset's point of view before and there are 4 or so historical guesses as to her past. 3 of which leave me cold. I do not think history was kind to her memory, as most painted her as grasping. Well, who wouldn't be in that lover/wife/mother situation, I'd like to know?! Good use of Seqenenre - he gets so little PR, good OR bad.
Neko-chan chapter 7 . 5/17/2006
Mewy, love reading a different point of view from what is normal thought of.
nahbia chapter 7 . 1/5/2004
I like Hatshepsut even though she was portrayed cruelly because...hmm...way back in 4th grade I did a report on her and I just remember...liking her...lol...and admiring her...and this Iset girl is nice too but she IS really so simple-minded like Hatshepsut pointed out...all she does is twiddle her thumbs all day thinking about the Pharaoh's love for her and her son. She does even less than most other women...at least they organize grand balls which apparently take a lot of effort...she's just so...bland.
Queen of the House of Lamia chapter 7 . 3/5/2003
wow i'm really impressed with this story , me thinks I have a soft spot for historical stuff
Ahhotep chapter 6 . 12/23/2002
Cannot wait for updates! The story is really interesting, especially the point of view. Keep posting, please.
Nebet Merit chapter 6 . 11/12/2002
Very nice story. :) I hope Chapter 7 will be up soon!
Jisho chapter 5 . 10/18/2002
Very interesting, please keep writing!
Nemui Yuki chapter 5 . 10/13/2002
Good Story so far, please continue _.
LycanthiaRaven chapter 5 . 10/10/2002
Wow, that's really cool. Honestly. I can't wait to erad the rest!