Reviews for The Minstrel Boy
Lady Netiri chapter 27 . 12/18/2004
very, very nice. i love this story and can't wait to see what happens next!update soon!~*~Netiri~*~
Rose Shard chapter 27 . 12/16/2004
A...c-cliffhanger...? You're so evil! *cries...and clings to her computer*

Anyway, the scenes between Koichi and Zamiral were so loving and sweet. And now for the opposite of sweet and loving...let's go to Haroun's part! ...holy poo...I always had this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that somehow Landis (that evil bastard...) would discover about Lyris' true identity...you can't kill him! He's my favorite character! ;_;

And for the writing...you never fail to amaze me with the emotion and feeling that you put in your words. (that sounded...kinda corny...-;) But anyway, I do mean it. You're so good at description and putting your character's feelings into sentences. How do you do it?
Edana chapter 26 . 9/22/2004
So bit by bit Lyris's feelings are being revealed. It's a shame that he likes drowning in his denial though ; Still, I love how you've written his character as someone in love who refuses to be in love, who punishes himself (and Haroun ) for what he feels and tries to firmly supress it. It's kinda interesting reading a character who doesn't fawn all over the person he likes, but it's also painful reading his angst and how emotionally violent he gets (he practically murdered that book after all ;) As I've probably said before hundreds of times, all of your characters are so different in their behaviour and reactions that it makes them all much more real. So now it's up to Haroun to finally figure out what's going on I guess lol And I also think that using the diary was a good way of further solidifying the feelings that Lyris has. Anyways, sorry for the delay in my review, but great chapter
Netiri chapter 26 . 9/19/2004
this is absolutely awesome so far! i adore all the odd plotlines that are running through it, and your charcters even more so! please update soon, i'll be checking!
-Netiri
The Rejection chapter 26 . 9/17/2004
I have a feeling that Haroun "brillance" will not turn out to be so good. But I won't know until you update, so update soon, ok?
centi here chapter 26 . 9/10/2004
Okay so I read TMB before Oistin, but I'm going to read that now. How could you expect me to write when you had admitted shounen ai going on? Aww I feel really bad for both princes. Haroun because he's dumb and stuff, and Lyris because he's obviously attracted but unwilling to admit it because its wrong and he's so bent on duty. Duty duty duty, I'd hate to live like him XD! Of course I could easily be off and misjudging the characters but its fun to pretend even if I'm wrong. I really loved this chapter. I think your writing is improving drastically since chapter 1 which is bound to happen after 20 some odd chapters ne? really loved the descrips here and I think Lyris' reactions to everything revealed even more about what we already knew Lyris to be, like a peek inside of him. Wonderful work hun and I really gotta go read Oistin now.
alittlepilot chapter 26 . 9/8/2004
ah
*sigh*
they make me sad. and frusterated. because i can see things from both points of view.. and well. *sigh* love sucks. hah. well. i guess not for everyone. but for me. and for them. lol. love sucks.
sunshine
Rose Shard chapter 26 . 9/8/2004
So...once upon a time, Haroun DID kiss Lyris? How come I had suspected that?
Anyway, I liked the line of memories that Lyris had. I like anything with him. He's cool. :)
Update soon! Update soon! Update soon!
shizukashin chapter 25 . 9/5/2004
This story is brilliant! I love the interactions between Lyris and Haroun! I can't wait until they hook up...which indeed they must. Same goes to Zamiral and Koichi (awesome name). I feel really bad for Ambrosius! Landis is the epitome of bastards! It's quite obvious that he loves Kiet and I'm pretty sure the feeling's mutual! Can't wait for more! _
Alison aka shizukashin
Malfunctioned chapter 25 . 9/2/2004
I can't wait for an update! ; What a wonderful story. *Sigh*
Malfunctioned
The Rejection chapter 25 . 8/24/2004
Your descriptions of emotions and colorful style are enjoyable. I really like this story. _ It makes me want to run around my house, screaming "Ah! Kiss him already, Zamiral!"
Don't forget to have lots of Zamiral/ Koicki interaction. They're my favorite.
Update soon!
Seirvitas chapter 25 . 8/18/2004
umm, I dont know how I did it but I think I accidentally skipped reading a couple of chapters before reading on X_X Oh well I still made sort of sense out of what was happening, its just a matter of going back to read the chapters i missed. (centi is stupid sometimes) Anyway what I DID understand (even with the missed chapters) I REALLY liked. I love Koichi and Zamirrel so much (hugs them) and Haroun is such a dumbass for um, prying where he shouldnt. I felt like a total idiot coz I think I flushed in all the places our lovely minsterel blushed. Also this REALLY makes me want to finish that gift art I started for you so long ago, if not start a second one. After all the image that appearred in my head of Zamirrel (I know I'm not spelling that right) standing in the window shrouded in the shadows the setting sun was casting up on his face, was quite inspiring. "Koichi was silent for a moment, and then for another moment. He could not speak, for fear that Zamiral's smile would vanish like a mirage of water in front of a man dying of thirst." was my absolute favorite line in the chapter too. It really really captured the image really well. WONDERFUL amazing writing as always and I really miss you.

~Centi
Edana chapter 25 . 8/18/2004
Ack, you seem to have updated a lot recently, and I seem to have missed most of those updates (think there's something wrong with my author alert ;) Anyway, what a sweet and tender chapter Well, part of it anyway. The scenes between Zamiral and Koichi were so soft and fragile and pretty, with all their blushing and embarassment and hidden longings. It was also sweet how Zamiral confided his most raw emotions and feelings in Koichi. And of course the accidental innuendo is always good _~ And on the flip side, Lyris and Haroun who seem to be have similar feelings but express them in entirely different ways (especially Lyris) It would be easy to say that he overreacted about his "diary" being read, but when it contains things that are obviously very, very personal and very, very raw then I wouldn't say he was overreacting at all. He was probably scared that Haroun would finally see through all his cynicism and denial. And this is something that I still really love about your stories - how different each character is with their interactions, emotions and reactions to things. How some can come off as being less likable than others but you still like them because they act like humans rather than bland characters. So great chapter, and I'm off to read the many other updates I missed!
Cutlass chapter 18 . 8/16/2004
Yowza that's a lot of money. I suppose two heirs to the throne would be rich though...
Everything seems to be working out so well, but that song seems awfully foreboding.
This is random, but I just remembered that Zamiral never got to use that lie about Lyris being the second son of the cousin of the king. Hmm, all that planning for nothing...
Hmm I almost feel bad for Landis about his wife...almost.
Lol, great last line.
Nitpicky grammar stuff:
"had supped a little too much wine" Make that 'sipped'.
"with the affect of alcohol upon his father." Change 'affect' to 'effect'
Cutlass chapter 17 . 8/16/2004
Poor Koichi and his untalentedness (hm nice word there) when it comes to horseback riding.
Nice sibling rivalry there. I LOVED when Zamiral whined, "Make him STOP!" You really made him seem like a young, spoiled child. Aww, and his father seems like such a nice guy.
Haroun being melodramatic was SO funny, and very in-character too. Yay for him making Lyris smile! They're so good together...
232 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »