Reviews for Living Legacy
AaZz chapter 1 . 1/11/2003
i'm sorry...
reveileb maerdyad chapter 1 . 12/26/2002
oh. i'm so sorry. that must've been really hard. :( i've never lost a parent, but i know how it feels like to lose someone you've looked up to so very much, that it felt like part of you died with that person. i almost envy you your relationship with your father - he must have been someone truly great to make you write each line so touchingly sad. for my part, i've never been that close with my father (since i only get to see him during summer - what the heck, i'm babbling), but reading this sort of inspires me to try to get closer to him when next i see him. (so thank you for that.) hmmm... we'll see...-_

anyway, i liked this very much. plus, the song is a favorite of mine! hope ya don't mind, but i think i'll type the chorus down (or what i remember of it, at least) - sort of like an added tribute:

"the leader of the band is tired

his eyes are growing old

his blood runs through my instruments

and his song is in my soul

my life has been a poor attempt

to imitate the man

i'm just a living legacy

to the leader of the band."

whoo! there. :) keep writing!
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 12/11/2002
wow...what a sad poem! i really like it! it must have been hard for you. i've never lost anyone so close before, only my uncle, and i miss him. i can't imagine what it would be like to lose a parent so early. well, good job! keep writing!
Sun Chime chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
About your dad, I'm sorry. The poem is wonderful and I can imagine how your dad must've been. It shows how important he was to you. But I also know that even if you aren't able be fine and perfect, just the fact that you strive to achieve something would make your dad very proud.
Epoira chapter 1 . 12/2/2002
I really liked this

My pop is the one person I don't think I could live without. (aside from that I'd be driven crazy by my mom and sibling) So I really appreciated how you wrote this. Everyone has their own star. and My pop is mine. So Thanks, for reminding me, yet again, how much I value my pop.

~Sora
Jade6 chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Reading pieces usually does not bring me close to tears but this one was an exception. It was so powerful. I feel that anything I say about this will be inadequate to the way it makes me feel. I wish I could write like this.

Jade
Dawn I. Cambridge chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Beautiful... I know you miss your father but you memories of him will keep him alive (but it doesn't feel te same, does it?)

It's scary to have to experience your father's death... you know, for me it's scary to o because i think if he died, i wouldn't miss him at all...
Val Mora chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Talk about coincidence! I was listening to a CD by a band that I happen to like but don't know very well earlier today, and they were doing a rendition of that song! Creepy, ne? I love it The poem, I mean, and the song.

How did your dad die? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. This is really touching; I like it a lot.

Thanks for finishing "Child of Metal" - but I have to confess that I probably won't be working on it any more; it will probably end up being rewritten a while from now. I'm sorry!
Schizophrenic Doll chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
this was good... well written and everything. i loved it. keep up the good work.* brought a tear to my eye*
schande chapter 1 . 10/15/2002
:D
Toad-Frog chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Sad! Sorry about your presented this very well. Nicely done. Thanks for your review on what am I. Another hint it has to do with measuring think of water and keep writing.
Toireasa chapter 1 . 10/10/2002
I like. While I could never empathize with losing a family member, I can understand what it's like to at least *miss* your father. I don't live with mine, so he might as well be dead to me. Yet still, I know he's at least living, which is a comfort. Anyways, I digress. I particularly like the ending, and the lyrics inbetween each stanza was nice. Thanks for the reviws and beautiful poem.

~Toireasa
Krocket chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
Very sad, but memerable. Well, you said to review. So, I did.
not sure yet chapter 1 . 10/9/2002
aw, that's so sad, i love it though, great job
Spik3y chapter 1 . 10/7/2002
Beautiful poem. Your lines are very good, very lyrical, especially at the end, but most importantly, very emotional.

Losing someone you love is heart-breaking. My grandmother who took care of me when I was a young kid died in '97. Sadly, I never got the chance to get to know her. Remember, your dad will still live on.. in you.

Smile..!