I didn't dream

I didn't dream. I usually do. Just last week I dreamt my rabbit jumped 30 feet into my pool. I had to rescue her. The water was cold.

I woke up feeling like I was hungover. I wasn't though; I haven't gotten drunk in almost a week. There's a half full (half empty?) bottle of Captain Morgan in my closet, but I feel no urge to touch it. No, alcoholism was not the cause of this shitty morning. Instead, the flu was at fault.

A noise from the floor brings back my memory. I sit up, amid a fit of agonizing coughing, and look at the space next to my bed.

There, Tommy and Ryan (the other Ryan… number two) slept amid a tangle of blankets. They were not as lucky as me. They did drink last night.

They came over here because my house is the "safe house" for drinking. It wasn't always like that, though. We used to be extremely careful with alcohol around my house, for fear of my parents discovering. One night, we were in my room drinking tequila when my mom walked in. Apparently I had forgotten to lock the door.

We were terrified, of course. We quickly attempted to hide the bottle, but she smelled the alcohol anyways. "Are you guys drinking?" she asked. Knowing it was futile to lie, I pulled the bottle out from behind my back and guiltily showed it to her. Her response was startling.

"You're drinking tequila?" She asked, astonished, "We have some margarita mix downstairs… you want me to get it for you?"

From that point on, my house was safe to drink at. So, last night, Tommy and Ryan talked a bum into buying them beer. I didn't drink because I'm trying to cut down, but I wouldn't have anyways… I hate beer.

Anyways, they got drunk, laughed a lot, messed up my room, and passed out on the floor. I cleaned up after them… threw away the empty cans and wiped up the spills before going to bed.

Ryan number two got up first. He had work and left at eight. Tommy and me slept on until nine, when Tommy had to leave. I stayed in bed until ten, when I got up.

I played hockey at ten forty. Why? Because playing hockey is what I do best. I'm on the Penguins. We played the Avalanche (no Zero, not the real Avs). It was a great game. We won seven to one. I had five points. I was happy; I always like seeing the Avalanche lose (go Kings go).

My mom drove me. My car is in the shop. I need a new tranny and I can't afford one right now.

We went to my grandmother's after the game. I showered there. They had no shampoo. This is because neither of them have any real hair, they both wear rugs. I washed my hair with soap instead.

My grandma took us to the mall to do some Christmas shopping. I saw a sweater I liked… she offered to buy it, I declined. She bought it anyway. I also saw some Egyptian figures I liked and she offered to buy those too. "Ryan," she said, "I'll get those for you, don't tell your mom." I refused. This time, she listened.

I realized while there that I had forgotten to page Nicole. She was at work, and I figured I'd page her after my game to let her know that I was thinking of her. Nicole is my best friend. We've been through a lot together and have still managed to salvage our friendship. I decided to page her as soon as I got back to my grandma's.

We left the mall and went back to her house. I collapsed into one of their matching massaging recliners that we bought them (my grandparents) for Christmas a few years back. My back was aching from my hockey game, and the chair lulled me to sleep.

I woke up when it was time to leave. Then I slept in the car until we were home. (I never realized how tired I was)

At home, I put on some Radiohead and decided to work on my website for awhile (as shitty as it is, I'm really proud of it, check it out… the address is in my profile).

Then Kathy started talking to me. Kathy is the girl I am actively pursuing as a romantic interest. She goes to U.C.L.A. and is amazing. We have so much in common. We talked until around ten, when Nicole called me.

I talked to Nicole for a while about work… and then let her go so she could go to bed. She has school early tomorrow.

I got back online and talked with Kathy some more. I actually built up the nerve to ask her on a date. She said yes. We're going to go to the world famous Getty Museum of Art (that's right all you lucky non Californians… not only am I less than an hour away from the beach, the snow, Mexico, or Disneyland… I am also near the Getty). I'm excited… it should be great.

Somewhere in all that time, I ate dinner and played Tony Hawk with my brother for a while on his Playstation.

Finally, Kathy got tired and decided to go to bed. I decided to write this… and so I did. Now it's over. I'm listening to R.E.M. on winamp. Before that it was Nine Inch Nails. Before that, Tori Amos. Before that, Pink Floyd. That's the great thing about winamp, you can take all your mp3s and put them on random… you never know what's going to come up next.

My window's already open… the cold air lurching in. As soon as I finish this, I will go to bed.

I hope I dream tonight.

"How will you finish this?" you ask me. I will finish this little story like so: