kindergarten your idea of a good friend was
the person who let you
have the red crayon when all that was left was the
ugly black one.
In first grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who went to
the bathroom with you and held your hand as you
walked through the scary
In second grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who helped
you stand up to the class bully.
In third grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who shared
their lunch with you when you forgot yours on the
In fourth grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who was
willing to switch square dancing partners in gym
so you wouldn't have to
be stuck do-si-do-ing with Nasty Nick or Smelly
In fifth grade your idea of a friend was the
person who saved a seat on
the back of the bus for you.
In sixth grade your idea of a friend was the
person who went up to Nick
or Susan, your new crush, and asked them to dance
with you, so that if
they said no you wouldn't have to be embarrassed.
In seventh grade your idea of a friend was the
person who let you copy
the social studies homework from the night before
that you had.
In eighth grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who helped
you pack up your stuffed animals and old baseball
but didn't laugh at you
when you finished and broke out into tears.
In ninth grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who would go
to a party thrown by a senior so you wouldn't wind
up being the only
In tenth grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who changed
their schedule so you would have someone to sit
with at lunch.
In eleventh grade your idea of a good friend
was the person who gave
you rides in their new car, convinced your parents
that you shouldn't be
grounded, consoled you when you broke up with Nick
or Susan, and found
you a date to the prom.
In twelfth grade your idea of a good friend was
the person who helped
you pick out a college/university, assured you
that you would get into
that college/university, helped you deal with your
parents who were having
a hard time adjusting to the idea of letting you
At graduation your idea of a good friend was
the person who was crying
on the inside but managed the biggest smile one
could give as they
The summer after twelfth grade your idea of a
good friend was the
person who helped you clean up the bottles from
that party, helped you
sneak out of the house when you just couldn't deal
with your parents,
assured you that now that you and Nick or you and
Susan were back
together, you could make it through anything,
helped you pack up for
university and just silently hugged you as you
looked through blurry eyes
at 18 years of memories you were leaving behind,
and finally on those last
days of childhood, went out of their way to give
you reassurance that you
would make it in college as well as you had these
past 18 years, and most
importantly sent you off to college knowing you
Now, your idea of a good friend is still the
person who gives you the
better of the two choices, holds your hand
when you're scared, helps
you fight off those who try to take advantage of
you, thinks of you at
times when you are not there, reminds you of what
you have forgotten,
helps you put the past behind you but understands
when you need to hold on
to it a little longer, stays with you so that you
have confidence, goes
out of their way to make time for you, helps you
clear up your mistakes,
helps you deal with pressure from others, smiles
for you when they are
sad, helps you become a better person, and most
importantly loves you!
(A)ccepts you as you are
(B)elieves in "you"
(C)alls you just to say "HI"
(D)oesn't give up on you
(E)nvisions the whole of you (even the unfinished
(F)orgives your mistakes
(I)nvites you over
(J)ust "be" with you
(K)eeps you close at heart
(L)oves you for who you are
(M)akes a difference in your life
(P)icks you up
(Q)uiets your fears
(R)aises your spirits
(S)ays nice things about you
(T)ells you the truth when you need to hear it
(W)alks beside you
(X)-plains thing you don't understand
(Y)ells when you won't listen and
(Z)aps you back to reality
Work like you don't need
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody's watching.
Sing like nobody's listening.
Live like it's Heaven on Earth.
You can't stop some people
They come into your life
Destined to leave it
You can wrap your arms tight around them
And the best that you can hope to do
Is just to slow them down a little
Cause there's no holding on
The best kind of
friend is the kind you can sit on a
porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.
"Friends are like television. Some are like PBS and always asking for money. Others are like the news, with sad tales to tell everyday, some are like that one station with the foreign language; you don't understand a word of it but you listen and watch anyway. And then there are the ones like the commercials, always changes, ever-so-annoying and only seem to be there when you are bored. But every once and a while you meet someone who's like a really good movie of the week or that one TV show you hardly ever get to see anymore because you're so busy. My point is hold on to the friends you care about and since we don't have a remote control to mute someone or just change the channel, pick your friends carefully."
"Friends. A simple word isn't it? It's uttered everyday to almost every person imaginable. Who are your friends? I used to think that friends were the people that you could laugh and talk to. Now I know that friends aren't that, they're the people that touch your heart. You could spend hours with them doing nothing at all and it can be the best time of your life, just because it was with them. They're the people you can share your secrets with, cry with, laugh with, and just have fun with. They don't judge you or make you change. They accept you exactly as you are. They look at you and they see a great person, one they love spending time with. You all share something in common and are tied together by memories, tears, laughs and smiles. You're tied together by love for the other. Friendship is the strangest but greatest thing in the world. I find my time with my friends, the best times of my life. My friends are my heart, my soul, my fun, my laughter, tears, love and my life."
"A friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling everyone else."
15 Best Things About Being a Girl
1. We can wear guys' clothes. If they wear ours, they get funny looks.
2. Our friends don't say hello to us by punching us on the arm.
3. Yea- PMS sucks. But at least we have a good excuse to chow down on chocolate for a week.
4. If we're on a really big ship that happens to hit an iceberg, we'll probably get first dibs on a lifeboat.
5. We get the bigger apartment on Friends.
6. Girl talk. You know, how we just understand each other without having to explain stuff.
7. We never have to stand at a urinal and have other girls stare at us.
8. Dark circles under the eyes? A hickey? We can just cover them up with a little concealer. (How do guys live without that stuff?)
9. We don't have to shave our faces. (Ouch that must hurt)
10. We can jump around a lot and shake our hair and it looks like we know how to dance.
11. Matt, Marc, Jordan, Ryan, Dean, Dan, Nick and Chris!! Need I explain!?
12. We get yummy chocolates and flowers from guys!!
13. We don't have to dowse our food in Tabasco sauce just to look tough...lol
14. That whole circumcision thing!
15. When we get married we get to keep our own name or choose one that we like even better.
16. We don't have to deal with sideburns. What's up with those anyway?
17. At least one girl always survives in horror flicks.
18. We never have to wear tighty-whities (or jock straps!)
19. Even if we are ugly we have make-up to fix it!
20. We can take stuffed animals to bed no matter how old we are.
21. We don't have to wear tuxedos to the prom.
22. Nose hair, ear hair, back hair- so not a problem for us.
23. SLUMBER PARTIES! Guys just don't know how much fun those are.
24. We don't have to worry about getting hurt, um, down there.
25. That special bond we have with our moms-some day.
26. We don't feel the need to slap our teammates butt when she makes a good play.
27. Nobody makes fun of us for liking BSB or N'sync Well almost nobody.
28. Pick up lines. They're not something we need to practice.
29. We can get away with wearing platform shoes without looking goofy.
30. We give really really good advice.
31. On TV shows we're always the ones that have coolest supernatural powers.
32. Dollhouse, Delia's, XOXO, Wet Seal, Deb, Rave, Charlotte Russe
33. We can put cotton balls between our toes, paint our nails, and not feel the least bit silly.
34. Daria and Lisa Simpson are girls.
35. Bevis and Butt-Head aren't funny.
36. The coolest, sweetest songs and poems have been written about you.
37. We don't have to sit on our wallets.
38. And our wallets have a place for change.
39. Its entirely possible that we will marry 1 of the guys from
1. *NSYNC some day.
2. Our lives do not revolve around ESPN Sports Center.
3. We can wear dresses without getting really weird looks from people.
42. Its not required that we learn how to spit when we are young.
43. We are called tomboys, Boys are called girlie.
44. Britney, Eve, Kathrine, Buffy, Josie and the Pussy cats, Gwen.
45. We have nicer handwriting than guys. Well it's true.
46. Our magazines have Horoscopes.
47. We don't have to stuff boxers in our jeans. (How can that be comfortable?)
48. Female pro athletes aren't overpaid egomaniacs. (Yet)
49. Girls with guy first names (like Joey) sound cool but guys named Erica aren't much of a turn on
50. We look great in tank tops. (Hint Hint to any guy reading this