Subject 136

DAY 1, 12:00 PM

Subject 136 has been placed in a 200 gallon tank. He is bound at the ankles and wrists with lightweight shackles of polyurethane strands. To provide oxygen a breathing mask has been placed over his mouth and nose; it will provide air from our atmosphere, as it is connected to a tube that runs out of the water and opens at the end, thus allowing the intake of normal air. It has been determined that the subject will be in entirely normal circumstances save for the immersion in water. Therefore, the water acts as our independent variable.

DAY 1, 11:00 PM

After eleven hours in the tank, 136 appears to be showing the first signs of hypothermia. The temperature of the container has been increased exactly ten degrees to compensate and prevent the tainting of the experiment. The variable change has been logged and has no effect whatsoever on the validity of the experiment.

DAY 2, 12:00 PM

Subject 136's skin has become saturated. Where the polyurethane binds his limbs, his skin has begun chaffing. Small chunks of flesh float in the tank. This variable change has been logged and has no effect whatsoever on the validity of the experiment.

DAY 2, 7:00 PM

Approximately twenty minutes after the evening meal was delivered, 136 began to thrash about. In the struggle the subject managed to escape the bindings. What follows is Researcher 5's account of what happened:

136 threw his body about, utilizing fish-like swimming patterns in an attempt to free himself. He sustained an injury to the head when it slammed into the plexiglass wall. Screams could be heard through the open end of the air duct tube. Further investigation of surveillance cameras is needed for a possible study in patient hysteria and psychological well-being. After a period of unconsciousness, in which time the researchers were able to clear out the blood in the tank while sustaining equilibrium in depth, chemical makeup, and natural body discharge (more on these methods can be found in report 17 subheading A.1). Following the unconsciousness the subject again began to squirm, but this time was able to pull his hand from the shakles. Preliminary research indictates that 136 was able to escape due epidermal loss on the hands and wrists. A new polyurethane binding was used and the ankle bindings tightened.

DAY 3 12:00 PM

The subject has grown highly complacent. He no longer reacts to visual stimulations nor to sonic stimulations. However, tests have confirmed his livelihood. Again, his reactions are being logged for possible future use in psychological experimentation. This experiment, however, is not concerned with the psychological well-being of the patient, and those variables have no effect on the present experiment.

DAY 4 1:00 AM

Alarms went off, alerting us to 136's premature waking. His body is decomposing rapidly. His hair floats around in chunks and the water has a reddish tint, presumably from the blood coming from the large masses of flesh detaching from his body. Through the air tube, we can hear the subject making noise. We are unable to decipher what he is saying. Researcher 3 believes he is screaming; Researcher 1 believes he is laughing. The subject has began ingesting his own flesh and even his excrement as they float by. It is clear by his reactions to visual and sonic stimulations, as well as his behavioral paterns, that he is not in proper mental health. This is being documented for a possible psychiatric study.

DAY 4 1:07 PM

Experiment complete. Our hypothesis was proven incorrect. It only took four days for 136 to die.