I dedicate this to my best friend Katie because all these apply to her and me! And also partially because she'd probably kill me if she found out I dedicated something to her...
I Love You Too
Twenty Rules to Being Your Best Friend
1. When you're depressed, I'll scare the crap out of you so you're too busy calming your heart rate to keep being depressed.
2. When you trip and fall flat on your face, I'll point and laugh, and if anyone else dares, I'll beat them up to a pulp.
3. When you get a boyfriend you really like, I'll tease you endlessly about him, and when you're not looking, I'll march up to him and warn, "She's my best friend; you break her heart, I'll break your face.
4. When you're blue, I will try my best to dislodge whatever is choking you.
5. When you're standing by the water or on the diving board, I'll push you into the water and laugh at you.
6. When you say "I hate you!" I'll respond "I love you too."
7. We can never discuss anything serious because whenever we try, we always end up rolling around in laughter.
8. My dream future always includes you.
9. When you grin, I know it's not necessarily because you're happy, but because you're plotting something, and it involves me.
10. When you are trying to avoid somebody, I will invite that somebody to your house, lock you two in your room and demand you make amends or else I'm not unlocking the door.
11. I will humiliate myself to make you laugh when you're sad.
12. When I discover an incredibly scary video on the Internet or whatnot, I will send it to you just to freak you out.
13. I love you embarrass you.
14. When we laugh, we laugh together. When we cry, we cry together.
15. I can see right through you; I can read your mind; I always know how you feel when I'm in your presence.
16. I will never stop insulting you.
17. I know more about you than you do yourself.
18. Whenever you're planning a prank, no matter how devious it might be, I want to be a part of it as long as you're sure you want to go through with it.
19. When we play the Trust game, and you're falling into my arms, I won't catch you and I'll laugh when you topple over onto the ground, but when you fall in real life, I'll always be there for you.
20. I will always be there for you, no matter how many times I make fun of you.