Dear Mom and Dad,

Thanks so much for sending me to Dodge Ridge Ski Resort's ski camp. I LOVE it! You know how you guys told me to be positive and it would be a blast? Well you were right, today was the best day ever!

The day started when we got up at 4:00 a.m. because the water pipes froze and some kid backed up the toilet which caused the entire cabin to flood. So we all got up and got to crowd into the bus until 7:30 when we got to Dodge Ridge.

After getting off the bus, we all squished into the locker room which smelled like dirty socks and rotting food. I opened up my locker to find that my heavy gloves were gone, GONE! Now all I had were a small pair of spring gloves the barely fit my hands. Also, I braided my hair to high so when I put on my helmet, it pushed against my head, giving me an instant headache. Oh, I guess what! Sally couldn't get her ski boot on today so she had Ricky help her, but when he pulled on the tongue of the boot, it ripped right out! Yup, it ripped right out and hit Jen in the face. I laughed so hard that I almost peed myself.

Breakfast was the best! We all got served some kind of oatmeal with these lumpy tasteless blobs in it. The chef called it oatmeal-leftover surprise. When everybody was finished eating, we all felt a little sick.

When breakfast was over, we all went outside and put our skis and boards on and got on Chair 3. We had passed the point of no return; there was no going back to the lodge to sleep now. And then it happened, yup I'm talking about the crown jewel of the day… it started to rain.

Now when I say rain, I don't mean some light sprinkle or on and off rain. No, I mean and absolute downpour. Within the fifteen minutes it took for us to reach the top, my pants were soaked from my butt to my shins. Oh, and I could swear that water was running in rivets down into my boots.

Once we got to the top, our skiing buddies were assigned, and guess what. I got stuck with some old hag who was on the National Ski Patrol. All she could do was blabber the entire time about this and that, I just tuned her out after a while so that she sounded like the adults from Charlie Brown. Wah, Wah-wah, wah-waaaaahhhhh, literally. And this crazy chick couldn't make a decision about where to go. It was always, so where do you want to go? Where do I want to go? Inside, where the water doesn't run down my next every time I lean forward. Lucky the lady felt the same way I did, so after four runs we went too the Midway Station to warm up.

I hurried to undress once we got in the lodge. My clothes held enough water to fill up a bath tub! My gloves alone were so wet and cold that they had frozen! My fingers even kept the same shape after I took the gloves off and I couldn't move them for a good five minutes. Even now, at 9:00 pm, I can still wring water out of them. My jacket had turned a completely different shade of purple from the amount of water. I swear it weighed more than I do! My pants were the craziest because when I got back up after sitting for a while, there was a perfect impression of my wet butt left on the bench.

Luckily, the plumber had fixed our cabin by noon so we got to go there after lunch. It was really nice to be back in the warm cabin, that is until the power went out. Now we all get another round of cold leftover surprise for dinner!

So to wrap it up, I'm having an awesome time. I can't wait to come back next year and I wish I didn't have to go. Thank you so much, I love you both.



P.S. I was totally lying. GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW!