On the verge of tears, I met Mona at our next class. It was gym class, and on the last day of school in gym class there's not much to do, so we actually scored a rare pass up to the storage room. That was where I spilled my guts. I told Mona everything. I told her about the first day, and when he'd hit me with that door. I told her about the times when he made me laugh, and the times he made me cry, and the times when he had made everything all better just by hugging me. I told her about how much I hated arguing with him, and how much I wished Grenlow was as right about his prediction as she was about how passionate I was about him.
"You should write him a letter…" Mona said, as I sniffled, and wiped my tearstained eyes. (Spilling my guts was hard work!)
"I'm not going to write him a letter!" I exclaimed.
"You don't have to send it," Mona mumbled innocently, "He doesn't even have to know about it."
I nodded. "That's a good idea," I said. Mona smiled, and I began to write.
I know you're going to laugh at this. It's not like I care, I just needed to tell you something, and I figured writing a note would be better so that I wouldn't have to watch you laugh in my face. The point is, I really don't hate you. I don't want you to be my enemy. I think we should be friends. But if for some reason I annoy you or something, could you please let me know in a non-embarrassing way?
Right about now, you're probably laughing, so just stop right there. I know you're an actor. I know how you are. So why don't you just act like you really care and take this seriously.
PS. Grenlow's on crack. We will never fall in love!"
And with that, I began to fold up my letter into the smallest note possible.
"What are you doing?" Mona asked, "You're supposed to rip it up and throw it away!"
I shook my head, and kept folding. "No," I said, while opening Evan's saxophone case, and finding a discreet corner to hide it in. "I think I want to send this one."
(NOT THE END! There's a sequel coming soon!)
A/N: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING WITH ME AS I COMPLETED MY FIRST STORY EVER! Look forward to the next one, beginning this weekend! -Love, Sarahliz.
PS: Just some facts about this story:
1. This story is actually based on the events that happened in my freshman year. In other words, these things did happen to me, just not in the exact same way/words obviously.
2. "Evan" is real. He doesn't play the saxophone, though… And the storage room is the best place ever.
3. I play guitar, but I'm not in the jazz band. I actually joined it today to see what it would be like, and it was very hard for me to adjust to it!
4. All of Scarlett's songs, are actually the songs that I wrote to "Evan" as a freshman. Here are the youtube links if you ever want to hear what they sound like :
Guys Like You:
And last but not least…
5. The character of Mona is based off of my two best orchestra friends.
For more, read "For the Hopeless Sophomore" in the next few days! THANKS AGAIN! Love you all! -Sarahliz.