An Eccentric and Gentleman
By Graham L. Wilson
Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Graham L. Wilson. Edited in 2010 through 2012. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.3 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included at this link: see my profile page.
This was my first ever attempt at an original work of any size, which I started in March 2008 but did not really get back into until February 2009, after making my New Years resolution to keep on writing and to try and expand my new skills. As such, it is probably not my best in terms of plot, characters or description (and is also rather dinky in terms of the size of "parts). I admit that I wrote this basically only for myself, and as such it is fantastical and a lot of the characters are thus somewhat cliché, and wear my own personal prejudices on their sleeves. However, my tenure on FictionPress has taught me that even my most casual of work might have an audience out there somewhere. If this work just makes one person out there smile, then publishing it will have been worth it. Besides, what is the worst that can happen? I first did not wish to publish this due to my earlier nervousness about posting mature works, but now that I have done Library Liaison and Test Stress with no harm done, this should be fine. I am glad to release it for eyes not of my own at last.
July 18-19, 2012
* John Mackenzie: an anti-social computer hacker and rancher, deeply in love with Sarah.
* Sarah Cornell: John's attractive girlfriend, who is desperately trying to fight off her past.
* Edward Cornell Sarah's father, a nasty violent abusive upper middle class twit.
* Martha Cornell: Sarah's mother, meek and timid due to her husband's treatment of her.
* Carla Stevens: Sarah's simple and plain best friend and roommate, has a crush on John.
* Robert Chauvin: the snobbish sexist son of a Cornell family friend they want for Sarah.
* Harry Manning: Sarah's manager at her store, he has a soft spot for her.
* Reg Wiles: a colleague of John's, whom he later sets up with Carla, with great success.
* Donovan Gross: a priest and Cornell family friend in Jasper, who once abused Sarah.
* Allison Hanson: a rather revealing example of Harry's personality.
2. Deep Bonds
4 . Man of Action
5. Therapy and Jealousy
6. Jealously and Pregnancy
7. Disappearance and Rash Actions
8. Mind at Work
9. Trouble at Home
10. The Rescue
11. Happy Days Have Come Again