I, Christian, a believer in Christ Jesus the Son, and Christ Jesus as God, come before you and point out some principles of the Christian life.
He answered, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" (Luke 10:27)
1. Love the brethren indiscriminately as your Father loved you.
2. Be a reflection of your Savior, so others may see Christ in you.
3. Do not debate useless debates, for it is dishonorable to Christ. (Titus 3:9)
4. Do not take pride in holding to a certain theological belief, for you will then take your eyes off Christ.
5. Yet, do not accept all theologies foolishly, for then deceit will enter and corrupt your faith.
6. Be diligent in the study of God's Word.
7. Ask Christ for discernment before entering a new church.
8. Do not label yourself 'Calvinist' or 'Arminian,' for then your focus is on man, and not Christ.
9. Have peace that God has chosen you before the foundation of the earth, for God knows what He is doing. (John 15:16)
10. Let the Holy Spirit change how you behave in every aspect of life.
11. The Word of God is complete in every way, and any claim of new revelation should be denounced.
12. Do not model yourself with the trends of the world, for the world shall pass away.
13. Think 'what would Jesus do?'
14. Do not cause another brother to stumble. (Romans 14:21)
15. The world and all that is in it is vain, yet Christ is truth. (Read Ecclesiastes.)
16. Exercise your life in modesty and piety, not thinking of yourself above anyone else.
17. Magnify Christ, not thinking of your own gain. (John 3:30)
18. Proclaim Christ's name, even to the death.
19. Be pious in your faith in Christ, not pious in religious matters.
20. Keep Christ first in all things. (Matthew 6:33)