The Sergeant slowly opened his eyes. His head aches and he feel disoriented as he slowly sat up and rested his head on the wall and waited for the pain and the dizziness to subside. He looked around the train wagon he was in and found himself alone and there were no sign of his squad anywhere except for a large gaping hole in the train wagon and its wake from the explosion that knocked him out earlier. So the NCO stood up like a drunken man and drew his sidearm, an M1911A1 pistol with his right hand. He couldn't hear anyone or anything; no gunfire, no shouting, not even the movement of the train or its engine, nor the sounds from the strange folk that attacked the supply train except for the ambiance of the forest which he heard from the hole of the wagon.

The Sergeant cautiously proceeded to the forward part of the train with his pistol pointing forward and passed by the carnage of the battle, there were spent cartridges, weapons of the enemy and the defenders of the train, and other items that were strewn in the floor but the Sergeant hadn't even found a man alive or a single body even though he could see the blood from the men that fought in it. Then on another wagon he saw a radio operator struggling to talk to headquarters before he collapsed to the floor. He approached the man and knelt near him and asked,

"What happened Private? Where's the rest of us? Dammit! You're bleeding out!"

The NCO reached for the private's first aid kit but the latter shook his head as he accepted his fate.

The operator gasped his dying words,

"You'd better save it Sarge, I took too much crap from them... it's too late for me. They took the train elsewhere... It's not on the tracks anymore... They took the rest of us prisoners and killed those who fought back before taking them away... They look like elves Sergeant... Some damn broad got me... bitch..."

The Sergeant had noticed that the operator had fought back. He found the bodies of six 'elves' near the operator and found an M1928A1 Thompson SMG with a loaded drum magazine and a spent one lying next to the dead soldier. He then shifted his attention to the radio and told the Headquarters what happened.