Hi, everyone. My name's Mia and I'm nine years old. The story you're about hear takes place during the early part of the summer. It all started on a Wednesday evening early in the summer. This particular evening was quite warm and muggy so I wasn't wearing any socks or shoes. My dad had gone out to the bar to hang out with his drinking buddies and wouldn't be home until midnight so I was on my own. I was spending the evening doing what I usually do every night, which is watch Let's Play videos of popular video games on YouTube. Some of the players in the videos are annoying, but there are a few that I do like. For example, one channel I love watching is the one belonging to the Runaway Guys. Their videos are hilarious, especially when chuggaconroy is involved. I watched videos until nine o'clock, and then I shut off my computer and started to get ready for bed. Right as I was about to change out of my favorite yellow tee shirt and powder blue knee length skirt, however, I heard the glass on my bedroom window being forcibly removed.

"That can't be good." I said. The next thing I knew, a man in his fifties picked me up and carried me out of the room. Before I could call for help, he put a piece of grey duct tape over my mouth and forced me into the back of his car. Then he took off, and as he drove down the road, I noticed that there was hardly any traffic. Then again, it was nighttime which meant that a lot of people were at home enjoying their evening. At any rate, after an hour of driving, we pulled up in front of an old building. As the man lifted me out of the car and carried me along the gravel walkway, I noticed that the building was really old. I'm talking 1890s old here. I could tell because some of the paint had peeled off completely. The man carried me down the hallway and didn't stop until he reached a door at the end of the isle. When he opened it, I had a quick look around and saw that the room was completely empty. Well actually, I should say that it was almost empty. There was a two-tone wooden chair facing the back wall of the room. The man put me down, grabbed my arm and led me over to the chair. Luckily for me, the floor in the room was covered in hardwood so my feet wouldn't get hurt. I promptly sat down in the chair because I knew that not listening to his orders would make him angry. He placed my wrists together against the bars behind the back of my chair and started to tie them together with rope. He started off slowly but then he gradually began to speed up. At one point, I felt a slight pinch. I did scream when I felt it, but it came out muffled because of my mouth being covered. Once he finished tying the rope, he tightened and cinched it so that I couldn't move my wrists. Then he went to the front of my chair, placed my feet together and started tying my ankles together just above my feet. He didn't use as much rope on my ankles as he had on my wrists, but he still made it fairly tight. Just like with my wrists, he tightened and cinched the rope so that I couldn't move my ankles. Once he was done, he started yelling at me. I couldn't understand what he was saying, however, as he was yelling in French. He exited the room five minutes later, leaving me on my own. As you can imagine, I was scared out of my wits. I wanted to call for help, but I couldn't. I tried to wiggle free from the ropes binding my wrists but I couldn't do that either. I was stuck in an empty room with nothing to do and I didn't like it one bit. In fact, I hated it. However, there wasn't anything I could do about it so I had no choice but to accept my confinement.

My kidnapper didn't come back into the room until nine o'clock the next morning. He started yelling at me again, but again, I couldn't understand him. Then again, it wasn't like I could reply anyway so I could care less. After yelling at me for ten minutes, he left the room. Right after he did so, my stomach growled. At this point, I was quite hungry as I hadn't eaten anything since the previous evening. I would take anything at this point, whether it was McDonald's, Tim Horton's or even Subway. The issue, however, was that I didn't have any way of being able to eat it because of my wrists being tied behind me.

"I'm so hungry." I thought. However, it didn't appear that I would get any food any time soon so I had to give up on eating. What I wanted right now more than anything was for someone to find me and bring me back home. But as the morning went on, it appeared that a rescue operation wasn't going to take place for a while. My kidnapper didn't come back into the room until the middle of the afternoon. This time, he was talking on his cell phone. Luckily, his call didn't have anything to do with me. After five more minutes had gone by, he finished his call and hung up. Then he stood in front of me and started yelling in French again. I hate being yelled at, but I hate it even more when I'm yelled at in a language that I can't even understand. From what I was able to make out, however, it sounded like he was planning to keep me in my little prison until Saturday morning before transferring me to Montreal. At that point, he planned to make me his daughter and even force me to learn to speak French. I wasn't so sure if I was comfortable with that because for one thing, I already have a dad who loves me. Second, moving me away from the family and friends I love to start a new life somewhere else wasn't exactly what I had in mind. However, those plans were tentative and that nothing had been finalized yet. Then he left the room once again. I hoped that I wouldn't have to go to Montreal with him but I knew that I had no control over that. At eight o'clock that evening, I heard the door of the room I was in bust open. To my relief, I saw that it was a police officer. At first glance, he thought that the room was empty and that the whole thing was a waste of his time. But then he saw me and started to untie me. As he was doing this, my kidnapper ran into the room. He tried to stop the officer's work and tie the ropes back to how he had them, but at that same moment, another officer ran into the room and arrested the man. The first officer finished untying me and carried me out into his car. After being kept tied up in that little prison for twenty two hours, I would be going home and that made me feel relieved. When I got back to my house just after nine o'clock, my dad was there waiting for me and gave me a great big hug. He assured me that what had happened wasn't my fault and that I wouldn't get in trouble. He then thanked the officers for their work and brought me inside. Then my stomach growled again, as I still hadn't eaten anything. My dad quickly fixed me a sandwich and whisked me off to bed so that I could get some rest. As I went to sleep, I hoped that I would never have to go through an ordeal like that ever again.

The End