Author's Note: As part of my Beat The Boredom Challenge for this month I decided to write down 25 things that I love myself. It was a fun and interesting exercise and I recommend it to anyone who sometimes struggles to love themselves or if they're feeling insecure and whatnot. Anyway I hope you enjoy this and as always reviews are appreciated! :)
25 Things That I Love About Myself
1. I'm very thoughtful and caring and make sure that everyone I love is alright. They mean the entire world to me.
2. My handwriting. It's very tidy when I put the effort in and in my opinion it looks very pretty.
3. My dress sense. I'm comfortable in what I wear and my style has changed for the better ever since teenage-hood.
4. I'm full of creative ideas. I have such a good and vivid imagination and I have quite a lot to offer in terms of writing.
5. My intelligence. I consider myself to be very clever and I pride myself in learning new things in life.
6. Putting myself first at times. It's not selfish at all, just that I need to look after myself at the best of times.
7. Growing up so much during 2020. This pandemic has changed the way I look at the world and I've become more sensible as a result.
8. Accepting the fact that I'm turning into my parents. I've realised that the way that I've been brought up is very wonderful and meaningful.
9. I've learned how to love and it's all thanks to my partner of almost two years. I'm fortunate to have met him and the wait was totally worthwhile.
10. I'm still a work in progress. I have came such a long way already and I still have plenty more to go.
11. My introverted nature. There's nothing wrong about being introverted and it's become a massive part of me.
12. Being able to laugh at myself from time to time. It just reminds me that I'm a big kid at heart and that it's good to have fun.
13. Being far more happier in my 30s. I didn't know what I was doing in my 20s and I felt I have learned more about myself.
14. Going on personal adventures. All these experiences have made me stronger and more appreciative overall.
15. My love of reading. Losing myself in all sorts of stories just fuels my imagination as well as my mind.
16. Maintaining my martial arts for slightly over a year now. I've achieved so much in my karate and kick-boxing journey so far.
17. Being a gamer since childhood. I know that I don't play as much as I used to, but when I fire up my consoles it just brings me immense joy and pleasure.
18. Coming to terms with my anxiety. It's still an on-going process, however I'm still fighting so that makes me a winner and survivor.
19. Pulling through all the bad times. It just shows that I am worthwhile as a person and that I can be adaptive and resilient.
20. My wonderful smile. Smiling comes naturally to me and most people have said awesome compliments about that specific part of me.
21. Being a massive fan of music. Listening to my favourite songs and discovering new bands is just so therapeutic and makes me feel relaxed and invigorated.
22. I'm far from perfect and I'm completely fine with it. I'm still learning how to accept my flaws and imperfections. Also I'm trying my best not to compare myself to others.
23. Doing all these monthly challenges for the past year and a half. I have so much fun taking part in them and they just allow me to gain confidence in myself and my abilities.
24. Being able to surprise myself. Sometimes I doubt myself on not being able to do certain things, but in the end I prove myself wrong.
25. My passion. When I show interest in a subject that I love I find myself so immersed in it that I just simply soak in every second.