Jay Sawyer of Chicago has always believed that free college can play a significant role in making the workforce of our country more agile. He emphasizes that the high cost of college and large amounts of student debt are affecting the financial future of college graduates negatively. He highlights that the countries such as Norway, Finland, Sweden, Germany, France, and Denmark offer free education for the following reasons:
- Remedy to society's ills as our society is more divided by wealth than by any other criteria
- Greater advantage as even though scholarships are intended for the disadvantaged few, the disadvantaged aren't just few
- Focus on learning
- Improved quality of life
Jay Sawyer of Chicago completely understands that there is a negative side to it too which includes
- the problem of overcrowding in public institutions
- the risk of inequality arising. ...
- an obvious strain in the limited resources available
While he shares all this information, Jay Sawyer does not support the idea of the taxpayer paying for free education.
About Jay Sawyer
Jay Sawyer is a long-time philanthropist who is associated with several noble causes. He is an animals' rights activist, environmentalist, and an advocate for world peace too. A lover of nature and wildlife, Jay strives hard to inform and educate the masses about the causes that drive him. He is quite determined about making a long-lasting impact on the society.
As far as his personal life is concerned, Jay is a skilled tennis and pickleball player. He takes great pride in introducing himself as the biggest Chicago bear fan who attended more than 10 games in the year 1972 and every single game in the year 1985.