Hidden Here
All the horrors posted here. What freaks you out? What keeps you wanting to know more? It's all here, and you can be apart of it. Also, post your stories for readers to read and review, ask for advice, give advice, take the advice...
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
MonochromePhantom

Hello,I'm a new member here on FictionPress,and plan on writing a vampire novel but I want to make it dark and really scary that will put the reader in fear and horror as they read it. Any ideas or tips on how to start? No romance either please,I just need ideas on what I should do. I know I should come up with my own ideas,but writer's block is creeping up on me -_-

Edit: I do know that I would like it to take place in Korea though :3

11/14/2011 . Edited 11/14/2011 #1
WolfletteMoon
You could start with the vampires actually killing somebody, to show that they are actually dangerous.
12/14/2011 #2
MonochromePhantom
Okay that sounds pretty good. Here's my summary by the way. Summary- Nightbanes Academy. It's one of the most prestigious schools,in all of Seoul,South Korea,it seems perfectly normal right? Well...it's not. The students and staff of the school,are not as human as everyone thinks they are. But what'll happen when two normal,human students enroll at the school? Amber Kwon and her best friend Jaehwan will soon learn that not everything is as it seems.
12/14/2011 #3
WolfletteMoon
I'd say you should really give a dark atmosphere to the school. When you said it would be in a school I immediately got an image of a big, stone building with high seilings, arches, heavy oak doors and gargoils, but I don't know what the architecture is like in South Korea, so perhaps that wouldn't fit. As cliched as it may seem, having 'scary' architecture, bad weather and things like that can give a good atmostphere to start with when you're introducing the school and the vampires, and that'll make it clear that these vampires have to be taken seriously. The story sounds interesting, I'd like to see how it goes.
12/14/2011 #4
MonochromePhantom
Thank you very much. I'm not real sure how Seoul's achitecuture is either ^^; Nightbanes Academy is just one I made up though,and I'm using an actual country...that's okay right? So I just have to add maybe a darker setting over a lighter setting than? Makes sense,I think I can do that. Now how should I introduce my characters? Should I introduce my main vampire character,or my two main human characters?
12/14/2011 #5
NightRainMuseum

Dracula started out with Jonathan Harker going to meet the count. We don't see the vampire except when the human characters interact with him. Don't get too much in your vampire's head unless you want people feeling sympathetic for him.

5/25/2012 #6
Forum Moderators: xbluxmoonx
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member