Shoujo Star
Community Forum!
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
MistyRose14
Includes story swap, advertising your own story, and giving advice on other people's stories!

D'accord...first of all, would anyone want to try out story swap? (details will come if i get a reply!)

5/16/2007 . Edited 5/16/2007 #1
Eun Ai Hoshi
What exactly is a story swap?
5/17/2007 #2
MistyRose14
well, i'll get a list of everyone who's interested, and then randomly pick partners to swap and read/review each other's stories. since there are a lot of stories on this site, sometimes it's hard to get attention on your story, and i hope that it will end up as a positive feedback opportunity!

if you'd like to recommend some changes, suggestions, go right ahead! (cause i think my idea is kinda half-baked)

5/17/2007 #3
storykeeper
I guess I'll advertise my story, Psychic Avenue. It's just about life with supernatural abilities thrown in and it would be considered shoujo(matter of fact if(big if) I can manage to become a decent artist and get a scanner(even bigger if), I'll put a manga form of the story on devaintart). I would apperciate it if you read and reviewed!

Summary: Lucy Brennan has just moved to a new town. Because of her bad sense of direction gets lost, and gets help from twins, Rei and Rai. They easily become friends, but Rei and Rai have a family secret and when Lucy accidently finds out their family isn't happy about it. However, Lucy has her own secret that can cause much more trouble than the twin's.

I'm also interested in the story swap.

5/17/2007 #4
Eun Ai Hoshi
Oh wow, very interesting story you have their freind, storykeeper. I'll make a note to check it out ;)

So are we going to do the story swap, Misty?

5/18/2007 #5
storykeeper
Thanks!
5/18/2007 #6
MistyRose14
hmm, i'll check it out (i'm going to try to make some time this weekend) and i'll sign you up. yep, Dylislily, we're going to do the story swap, but i need at least 4 people!
5/18/2007 #7
Eun Ai Hoshi
Ah! One more person hurry up and come! lol.

Well I normally dont advertise my own work. Um, I really dont know how to. So um just whoever comes over this thread, um ...a humble request i guess, eh heh, um please check out my story! :) I would appreciate it! thank you! ^_^/ (

5/19/2007 #8
MistyRose14
i might PM some people who have stuff in the c2 archive. anyways, you can give a short summary, chapter excerpt, or spoilers for your story here (haha...i love spoilers). you can try to include a link to your story, but it's not working on my computers...
5/19/2007 #9
Lai Anderson
Wow, I feel so dumb I found out about the thread for our C2 just now. Haha. Anyway, storykeeper, MistyRose and Dyslily; it seems I've read your stories as well... I just couldn't find enough time to review each one, but hey, thanks for reviewing my story Custard Cake! I really appreciate it.
5/31/2007 #10
MistyRose14
haha, that's okay (i don't know if a lot of people know about the c2 anyways...). i'll review the newest chapter of your story soon - i just got back from marching band.
6/1/2007 #11
NeoMiniTails
I'll story swap... um, email me a reply though because I practically never check my email for this site because I'm not usually signed onto that email account but email this: DrJLonewolf @ aol .com
6/5/2007 #12
MistyRose14
alright, so NeoMiniTails, storykeeper, Dylislily, and i are signed up for story swap. now, behold the amazing randomness:

-Dylislily and NeoMiniTails

-storykeeper and MistyRose14 (i know i have another story of yours to read)

that's how it will go this week. i hope more people will come to the forum and want to do this story swap so the shuffle gets better!

6/6/2007 . Edited 6/6/2007 #13
Eun Ai Hoshi
I have a question....

Do we read all their stories...or just pick one and read it??

6/6/2007 #14
NeoMiniTails
My story Miracle Knights is very interesting once you actually get to read it. It is more romance than it is adventure even in the most adventure scene... the emotional part of it or the symbolic part is strongly for the those who love romance... while its not doused in fluffy moments or needless kisses... the emotional part of the story is what makes it.

It has a strong plot which makes each character go through thier own developement as the story goes and you'll learn more about each one as the story goes on.

My character introduction:

Catsy:

She is every bit like her name, cat-like. She's smooth, sweet, mysterious, and very independent. A girl who is in love but chooses work over any sort of love even though she has figured that she is in love with Ken. However, being in love with someone and knowing it doesn't mean stubbornness won't keep her from admitting it. She has downright not allowed herself to allow those emotions to be known to known... though everyone around them seem to know that they like eachother.

Ken:

Ken is a movie start/singer... slash anything a star can be, it seems. He is slightly rude, stubborn, protective, kind, and hides a lot inside but hates when Catsy hides things inside. He doesn't act very smart though he is and can be considered a pretty boy that is determined to keep any promise he makes. He's a person that hates to break promises and is very honest with everyone and easily makes friends. Playful and sarcastic and is loyal to the end, he strives to make everything right in his eyes.

Haji:

He is cold and distant and seems to always be hiding something form everyone. Not much is known about him other than a touch of his hand caused catsy to have a horrible visiion or so she think and seems to like Mis'o'chi. ( my otehr story tells you about how he became who he is)

Mis'o'chi:

Flirty, rather cold, and a bit of a sexist, she may come off aas mean and disturbingly into herself but she is not one who doesn't have her reasons. She has had a bad childhood and rrefuses to allow herself to have the shame that came upon when she was younger. Her best friend is melanie and though she tends to get mad at Mel (as she sometimes calls her), she'll knowck somebody out for getting mad at her in fornt of her.

Very girly but with a strong personality and she hides behind the mask of being mean and cold towards people to hide the pain she feels inside. In real life, she is kind and sweet to everyone and has always wished nothing but good for everyone. She doesn't smile very much and is very sompetitive... doesn't like Catys because hse believes she's trying to atke eveyrthing away form her. Extremely smart... maybe even genius.

Melanie:

A blonde, the blondest blonde of them all. She is very popular and likes to stay safe in her inner circle (the circle ot being her peers but actally meaning her life culturally) which is why she can't understand Mis'o'chi most of the time. She is a tomboy and loves nature... climbing trees is her type of fun. Anything can make her laugh like the word "baka" meaning idiot in japanese but she refuses to believe that and thinks it means "dodo."

Preview:

Catsy, once again, felt dreary as she turned to left, then to the right, and all around. 'The Dark Knights are close by!' The tiny ruby red cat ears started twitching and then poked out a little more. She put her hand over her cat ears and started to look around to see if anyone saw them come out. Kari looked and noticed she put her hand over head and thought she mustn’t like the music.

Ken began to sing the next verse and the music stopped and the microphone began to stop working so did like he was trained when things go wrong sing acapella, which sounded prettier that then with the music except some people couldn’t really hear him.

They’re here! They’re here! No! It can’t be! Too much power! How did they get this strong? Catsy felt the ground under her start moving then slowly it became a strong earth quake. Catsy jumped to higher ground and knocked Ken off the stage and told him to run with her. She turned around and saw the saw the school building falling to the ground and then she looked to the innocent Kari, who looked like she was being grabbed by some gravel that was shaped like a huge hand. After she was grabbed, she saw the man in her dream standing on top of it, with his face full of triumph like he was proud of what was going on. Ken looked at Catsy and could’ve faintly sworn that he saw her glow before he saw every body disappear before his very eyes.

She jumped from where she just put him and ran towards the man over the hand. Ken noticing that she wasn’t next to him anymore, ran towards her without thinking about the consequence only about she could get hurt. They ground was coming up and splitting apart only on the school grounds, nowhere else.

The man noticed Ken and smiled a demonic smile and Ken nearly froze when he looked at his smile and those eyes… he had never seen someone like him. Black wings came out the man’s back and began to spread out wide as he yelled:” Trauma of the Dark Knight of Despair!” A large black creature came out on both sides of his wings and joined together and soon had bat wings. It had red eyes that showed despair, pain, hurt, and its body was strong with it’s arms full of muscles. It flew towards Ken in lightning speedgoing right through his body and Ken fell to the ground, unconscious as the ground tried to take his eat his body and swallow him up.

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2062182/1/

I hope you like it. please read and review.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story: Dark Knight: Haji Escuro Espirito

For the story 'Dark Knight: Haji Escuro Espirito' it is a part of Miracle kNights that bases only one character and that is Haji. Before Haji becomes who he is on Miracle kNigts, this story explains who he was and how he became who he is now.

It is much more darker than Miracle kNights and stays more on the supernatural side along with tragedy. It is sad in nature but veyr interestign to read.

Summary: All who looked upon him saw him as a perfect boy with no problems. His problems were greater than the average. After the death of someone very near to him, he becomes someone that he never dreamed of becoming. he becomes just as his name, a 'dark Spirit.'

Haji has always been different from eevryone... with beauty that no one could truly describe, and powers that hmans can never have. His story is full of twist and many things that everyone would need to learn about him as the story goes on. Why are his parents so cold towards him? Is everything as simple as it seems.

he has always had one love: Julissa. When Julissa is supposedly killed teh Knight of Light, a guardian that is supposed to be good, he would became the knight of darknesss and will give up on anything as long as he coud kill him.

Preview:

Haji opened his door slightly to make sure no one was outside his door because his father always came up every time he tried to sneak out the house. No one was out there! He walked like a wolf trying to stalk it’s prey by staying quiet and making no noises as he walked down the stairs. Once he got done to the last couple of steps, he saw a couple of his cousins, the teenagers, walking in loudly and talking about the basketball game that just happened.

They gave him a deadly glare as if they had saw demon before their very eyes and that glaring could kill it. Haji gave them a even worse glare as he hopped the stairs down, knowing that now they know he is down there.

They all gave a fake smile and spoke happily as if they really though about him, saying: "YO! Haji, what’s up… we haven’t talked since, well, forever! Dang, you’ve changed, I bet the girls LOVE you!” They said the last part trying to pretend that they were proud of him too bad their faces showed that they weren‘t proud that ‘girls loved him.’

Haji smiled and waved goodbye saying that he had to do something important. His cousins laughed and kept on calling him foolish and stupid to believe anyone would like him as soon as they door closed and kept on saying his own parents didn’t even care for him.

Haji laughed to himself because he knew exactly what they were doing inside and because he was the one who had them fooled. After realizing that he had got out the house, Haji ran his fastest to a park of where a special person should be waiting for him. He knew that once he left, his cousins would tell his parents that he left, they would come after him because they would know whom he was going to see.

He got to the park out of breath but if someone else ran as much as he did, they would’ve died out of exhaustion. He walked for awhile looking for her… and then he found her. Julissa was her name, and because she had that name, it was one of the most beautiful names he had ever heard or seen anyone with, it was like the scent of roses in the morning. She had long brown hair that went down to the middle of her back, and brown eyes that could light up the night sky. She looked like a young Jennifer Lopez but prettier. She didn’t see him as she was under a small light pole reading a book.

Haji noticed she didn’t notice him and decided to sneak up on her. He jumped on top of a tree and leaped silently like a sniper trying to sneak on it’s prey, and then landed silently behind her. He stood there for a moment and thought about whether he should scare her, surprise, or anything. He decided to just surprise her as happiness entered into his eyes and along with sneakiness. As he put his hands over her mouth while speaking to her in a whisper:” Guess who… you know you should be more aware of who’s around you because I could’ve easily been somebody else-” he smiled a genuine smile which she always thought was sexy.

She turned around with a smile on her face as she put her arms around his neck and kissed him gently on the lips as a blush appeared on her face and his. She then uttered out in a voice barely above a whisper as she flattered him:” I can do that because I know I got you to protect me." She put her hand in his hair and started ruffling it up causing some bangs to appear on his face which he just allowed to happen with a face of pure happiness appeared on his face. She was the only person that could make him feel that; he loved her with all his heart and soul, he would give his life for her if it ever came down to that.

The park was very close to the ocean so they could hear the ocean waves hitting the shore as they walked together hand in hand while she leaned her head on him smiling.

Suddenly they saw six balls of lights staring back at them after they walked for 15 minutes. The balls of lights seemed to be making the noise of a motorcycle’s engine, which was exactly what the balls of light happened to be coming from.

Julissa frowned and closed her eyes because the light was so bright; Haji, on instinct, got into a fighting stance.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t Haji Escuro Espirito! How luck are we to find you here!” yelled out a boy with long black dyed hair going down to his shoulders with some of the strangest color contacts. Haji walked closer with no fear within him to see whom he was talking to. He recognized the boy as being someone that he had trusted best friend. He was a punker and a pale one at that; he had a long face and was what you called straight up ugly. His mama couldn’t have found that face to be as nice looking face; he had a ring on his chin and a couple of earrings in his right ear. He wore an open vest showing his rough body that could only belong to a person in the 11th and or 12th grade or happened to be in the wrestling team; he had no sleeves showing that he had a large tattoo of a dragon running down his arms. He took off his vest and revealed a chain hanging off his black pants in which he grabbed with his right hand and used the other to wrap with around his fist.

Another boy was much younger than the last with sky blue eyes that would pierce through someone’s soul, he was very handsome and looked like a rich white kid who wanted to prove he was bad, though he didn’t dress like one. He wore baggy pants and muscle shirt though he wasn’t all that muscular, he was more skinny than muscular but nonetheless he wore because he thought he was buff because of his stomach muscles. He, too, had a weapon but Haji couldn’t comprehend what it was but he knew it looked similar to a gun but it was much too wide to be one. He picked it up from the side of his motorcycle.

Link: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2080360/1/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6/7/2007 #15
MistyRose14
Dylislily, you can pick one (if they have more than one)!
6/7/2007 #16
NeoMiniTails
Dylislily, I will review later chapters at a later time ^_^
6/7/2007 #17
Twilight Hoshiko-chan
tien... je suis la soeur de Takara-chan. i'd like to swap stories with someone!! ^_^ that is, if there is anyone who would like to swap stories with me. i don't really care about reviews and stuff, but Onee-san (Takara) thinks it'd be good if i did. isn't that right, ma belle soeur?
6/8/2007 #18
NeoMiniTails
Ah... you speak another language also?

I will swap stories with you!

6/8/2007 #19
NeoMiniTails
Oh, I mst say, though, I'm a very honest reviewer... and I do add criticism with my compliments... its never too bad though... LOL...

But, I will love to swap with you... -smiles-

6/8/2007 #20
Twilight Hoshiko-chan
-grins- I'd like to swap stories also. I don't mind criticism, I thrive off of those types of reviews.
6/9/2007 #21
Taka-Chan-A Talking Takoyaki
hey mistyrose, you told me to post here when i want to become a member of the c2, so here i am! i'm on to go read one of the storys right now!

anywayz......

oh! storyswap! sounds fun! i think i'll go read some of the storys people mentioned in here.

6/20/2007 #22
MistyRose14
d'accord, i'm going to sign you up for the next storyswap - please tell other people about it so it becomes larger and more fun!!!

bienvenue to the c2 and forum!

6/20/2007 #23
Gogoh
Man, you guys did a lot of chit-chats out there! (I lost track in the middle though!) I just got my story updated and I need readers. My fic's called "Night-In-Gale". Man, I can never write anything without a girl's dominance! But I think that's cool, don't you think?
6/24/2007 #24
MistyRose14
sure, i'll try to read it if i have time...which may be in a couple of days, but that's okay, right? i'm sure some other people may be interested in it as well!
6/26/2007 #25
Gogoh
I'm still working on my other fic "I won't confess for my crime". I'm SO out of story! I don't know what I should put in the next chapter. It's so gross! Is there any anorexic here?
6/26/2007 #26
Twilight Hoshiko-chan
Anorexic? What exactly is that story about?
6/27/2007 #27
Eun Ai Hoshi
If your story deals with an anorexic person then you can just look it up. research it. i always do a little research on stuff, even if its when im writing fanfics, and when its like a original story -- research is a definite for me. being as real as possible (even in a fantasized story) is what makes it all cool :)

and if you want to discuss stuff about anorexia-- then you can mail me, but let me make it clear that I am nowhere near being an anorexic, however, I've done alot of study on it (out of curiosity and because i had to for class) :D

and im looking forward to your story. ill be sure to check it out ;) good luck on getting into the mood to write your next chapter.

p.s: I deleted my "Single Miracle" as many might have noticed. My reason is, I hadnt really given in alot of thought when I started it. I just was in the mood for it. Haha, crazy I know. And I think MOSTLY, its because I wanted to concentrate on more important things. Like school and then my fanfictions- so yeah. Thanks to everyone who had reviewed. I'll always appreciate that! :) (Haha, now that I'm free I'll go hunting down new stories others are writing!) ;)

6/27/2007 #28
Gogoh
No, I was just asking who else is anorexic here other than me. "I WON'T CONFESS FOR MY CRIME" is a mystery/crime story with romance and sex ofcourse. My other one "NIGHT-IN-GALE" is too twisted. I doubt if anybody will understand the psychic explanation in this story...
6/27/2007 #29
MistyRose14
you posted your reply twice, so i just deleted one - i hope that isn't a big deal. i did read NightInGale, and in my opinion, it wasn't TOO twisted. sure, it was dark and confusing, but since my "psychic abilities" only work so far, i didn't understand when you explained everything at the end. either comprehension or suspense is what draws someone into a story, but no matter who mysterious it is, there must be something for the reader to understand. that was the only thing that bothered me.

anyways, the anorexic joke...kind of hurts. i'm underweight, but i eat a fair amount - i'm simply skinny due to the metabolism i recieved from my father's side of the family. i've been made fun of for my weight, so when i read your post (and my sister too), it seemed a little offensive. sure it may be for research, but please clarify. it helps me not freak out.

also, thank you Dylislily for the suggestion. i like research too!

6/28/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: MistyRose14
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member