Egyptian Mythology
Got a favourite Egyptian myth? Want to discuss the various gods and goddesses of Ancient Egypt? Here's the place to do so. Opinions from all sides welcomed.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
destinyangel
I would have to say my favorite is the Isis and Osiris story where Osiris gets killed. Anyone know which one I'm talking about? It's sad but funny in a way. :)
10/23/2007 #1
NightRaine
I love that story. It's actually one of my favourites too. I like the one about how Anubis was born. It's definitely a humorous one.
11/9/2007 #2
destinyangel
Hmmm...it's been a long while since I read mythology. You'll have to remind me about that one.
11/15/2007 #3
Zegwarian310
Yeah I'm actually writing something right now that involves that myth. I has always been one of my favorites
12/19/2007 #4
NightRaine
Well there was the 4 sibling gods, Osiris and his sister-wife Isis, and Set and his sister-wife Nephthys. Nephthys, frustrated with Set, disguised herself as the more attractive Isis to try to seduce him. The plan didn't work, but Osiris saw her and thought she was Isis, and they ended up having sex. Nephthys got pregnant and gave birth to Anubis. Afraid that Set would find out, she persuaded Isis to raise him. It's kinda sad though because while Anubis is a god of the underworld like his father, he could never rise to Osiris' position in the underworld, because he isn't a legitimate son.
12/20/2007 #5
destinyangel
That should be interesting. I love myth stories. I use to have one on a disk. Must find it again. :)
12/20/2007 #6
destinyangel
Oh yeah. That one was an interesting myth. Poor Anubis though. :'(
12/20/2007 #7
SnowClaw of Windclan

Anubis was awesome...

4/29/2009 #8
Ariana Ethaitrius

I agree with the story of Osiris and Isis. I love Tutankhamun though. He'd have to be my favorite person of ancient times. I'm writing a story about him. But yeah, Anubis is a great story to.

8/4/2009 #9
AvidWriter-92

I enjoy the myth where Thoth, god of wisdom, plays a board game with the moon god, and gambles for time, so that Nut could have her 5 children during the year. There was originally 360 days, but Thoth won 5 days, so Nut could have birth to her children. She was forbidden to give birth to them on any day of the year. So Thoth, who was also her lover, bargains for time so she can have them. :) Isn't that sweet? Lol.

4/24/2010 #10
HeroineHiding

I always liked the stories that had to do with Hathor. I dunno why...

12/22/2010 #11
Avenger22
@AvidWriter-Actually, that was the other way around. Nut played the Eygptian moon god so that she could have her five extra children. Although I would have to say my favorite myth is when Bes played the moon god so he could have more time to gain Bast for himself, and ended up shorter.
2/25/2012 #12
Forum Moderators: Exploding Penguin
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member