RP Citadel of Elarope
Role playing be whatever character you want and join our motley crew! Plenty of fights to be had as you go wherever you want in the citadel.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
The Tear-Stained Queen

Hidden from the sight of the public, the exiled Lady Daphne is confined by magic to a small estate.

8/3/2009 #1
The Tear-Stained Queen

Daphne, the exiled love of Cain, paced within the confines of her home, waiting impatiently for news.

8/3/2009 #2
lilkorea

Cain arrived a few hours before dawn, irritable and muttering curses under his breath.

8/3/2009 #3
The Tear-Stained Queen

A heavily pregnant Daphne entered and quickly walked to Cain's side before saying simply in greeting, "Cain."

8/3/2009 #4
lilkorea

He didn't look at her but nodded in acknowledgment of her presence.

8/3/2009 #5
The Tear-Stained Queen

"How did it go?"

8/3/2009 #6
lilkorea

He walked up to her, placing a hand on her stomach. "I will be king before our child is born."

8/3/2009 #7
The Tear-Stained Queen

A poisonous smile lit her pretty features, "You can promise this?"

8/3/2009 #8
lilkorea

"Yes," he said softly, still not meeting her eyes.

8/3/2009 #9
The Tear-Stained Queen

"What's wrong," Daphne asked, eyes suspicious and narrow.

8/3/2009 #10
lilkorea

"I'm tired of us having to live here. This wasteland is not what you deserve as a home."

8/3/2009 #11
The Tear-Stained Queen

Her expression softened. "No, it's not. But we knew this would be the price of our failure."

8/3/2009 #12
lilkorea

"Daphne, the only way to turn this around aside from me becoming king is by apologizing to him in front of the council."

8/3/2009 #13
The Tear-Stained Queen

"No! There is no other way to rectify this situation, Cain," she said with a passion, "We will never apologize to those buffoons."

8/3/2009 #14
lilkorea

"I have done everything for you and not once have I asked you anything in return except for now!" he said, suddenly getting angry. "I'm tired of these pety tactics to get the throne. I'm not just tired I'm sick of it!"

8/3/2009 #15
The Tear-Stained Queen

Daphne fell silent, placing a hand on her stomach as if to defend her child from Cain's words as she took a step back.

8/3/2009 #16
lilkorea

He came down from his rage and then became sullen. "Am I...not enough? Has wanting the crown and being queen all you wanted? Is that why you came to me after Noah showed no interest in you?"

8/3/2009 #17
The Tear-Stained Queen

Deeply disappointed, Daphne replied with a soft shake of her head. "A long time ago, Noah treated me very poorly. You know this... you know the things he said, and... the things he did..."

She went silent, the recollection of that time painful. "He never wanted me and was willing to do whatever it took to be rid of me."

8/3/2009 #18
lilkorea

"And you're using me as revenge?"

8/3/2009 #19
The Tear-Stained Queen

"No. I'm not using you for anything. You are not my tool, you are my love." Daphne turned again to Cain, taking his hands in her own. "Have you always doubted me so?"

8/3/2009 #20
lilkorea

"Yes, ever since you willingly left me to be Noah's bride, you have wounded my pride. My trust in you is weak and yet I still love you, but my love is wavering for your demand to be queen."

8/3/2009 #21
The Tear-Stained Queen

"My ambitions are not for myself, Cain. They are for you..." Daphne placed his hands on her bulging stomach, "...for our baby. Can you truly not see that?"

8/3/2009 #22
lilkorea

"You're such a cruel woman..." he whispered.

8/3/2009 #23
The Tear-Stained Queen

"There is nothing cruel about a woman wishing to restore her husband to his rightful place."

8/3/2009 #24
lilkorea

"But it is cruel to do so by using his unborn child as a catalyst." he ripped his hands away from her. "It was several millenia ago, Daphne. Yes I'm still angry about it all, and yes I wish I were king, but Noah has proven that he is capable. He has been generous enough to give us this home, to let us live in peace."

8/3/2009 #25
The Tear-Stained Queen

"I am a prisoner here!" Daphne screamed, shaking in her rage. "There is no peace for me! There is no joy for me! There is nothing here for me but captivity!"

8/3/2009 #26
lilkorea

"You only feel that way because you have submerged yourself in so much hatred for a man who denied you. Is it because you loved him? Or was it because you so truly just wanted to be queen?"

8/3/2009 #27
The Tear-Stained Queen

"Do you have any idea the pressure I was under?" She looked up at him, her eyes desperate. "Pressure not only from The Council, but also from my own family?"

8/3/2009 #28
lilkorea

"Daphne, the council know that Noah only prolongs in finding a wife because he does not wish to be king. Be patient a while longer, the ouncil have the power to dethrone him and then the crown will come to me."

8/3/2009 #29
The Tear-Stained Queen

Daphne, seething, said nothing.

8/3/2009 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: acriter Scottish Princess, Andrew Keith
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member