RP Citadel of Elarope
Role playing be whatever character you want and join our motley crew! Plenty of fights to be had as you go wherever you want in the citadel.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Rogue-writer-16

Hitching her bag of stolen goodies on her shoulder, Odessa was tempted to run but knew most predators would instinctively take her as game and chase. Not what she wanted. Instead, she stayed very still until he either moved on or... whatever else he was planning on doing.

3/15/2009 #61
lilkorea

Noah turned away from Odessa, having no interest in such a scrawny girl, let alone a thief, as he continued onward towards the alter.

"Close the door," he commanded with a sultry deep voice.

3/15/2009 #62
Rogue-writer-16

Odessa shivered and hurried to do as he ordered despite herself. She scowled and was tempted to stomp her foot. She was an elf, for gods sake and likely almost as old as him... whoever he was... maybe...

3/15/2009 . Edited 3/15/2009 #63
lilkorea

Once the door was closed, Noah was already standing before the alter, looking up at the symbol of the cathedral's holy lord. Human religion never interested him but it didn't mean there was nothing to learn. From many gods widdled down to one holy being...humans certainly had a tendency for drastic change and never realizing it.

"Elvin thief, in what manner do you intend to use this cathedral for?" Noah asked, his voice holding command and dominance.

3/15/2009 #64
Rogue-writer-16

Odessa shuddered again then bit her lip. How did he know about her? About what she did?

"I.. I come to... to pray." she murmured, "and.. to hide, I suppose." she admitted, crossing her arms over her chest.

3/15/2009 . Edited 3/15/2009 #65
lilkorea

"Pray?" Noah quarried, giving a deep chuckle of amusement. "I highly doubt such a thing from a thief, let alone an elf as young as you are."

3/15/2009 #66
Rogue-writer-16

"I'm quite old enough, thank you." she pouted at the stranger, starting down the isle, "It's not like it matters to you any way. I'm not hurting anyone."

3/15/2009 #67
lilkorea

"You have hurt the ones you stole from, confess your sins to these humans' current god and repent." Noah said, casually moving around the alter as he spoke, his long, supple fingers skimming the surface of it.

3/15/2009 #68
Rogue-writer-16

Odessa stopped in the middle of the cathedral and shook her head,

"What are human gods to me? The humans hurt my people far more than I have ever hurt theirs. I take only from those who can afford it and would hardly notice things are missing. I take spare coin and old, dusty candlesticks that have not seen the light of day in years." she told him stubbornly, flipping her blonde hair over her shoulder.

3/15/2009 #69
lilkorea

"Clearly you were born after the great wars between races, otherwise you would have a different outlook on the humans." Noah said, crouching down behind the alter, out of Odessa's range of sight.

3/15/2009 #70
Rogue-writer-16

She narrowed her eyes in frustration at the stranger,

"Oh no. I was around by the beginning of the wars... I lived by my people's naiive way of life- that humans are to be nurtured as children- that they mean us no harm and are special." she scoffed and shook her head, "Humans are greedy and selfish and will do anything to stay at the top of the food chain." she spat, lip curled in disgust. "There are some that deserve the respect of other races, I give you that but i would not waste my time on the most of them."

3/15/2009 #71
lilkorea

"True, but like all races, there is the basic instinct that drives us all and that is survival." Noah stood up with something clutched in his large hand, only a long, gold chain visible.

3/15/2009 #72
Rogue-writer-16

"Not so." she frowned at him, backing up a step- wary now, "Many of the fae are not driven by survival of their own species, but that of the earth and the balance of the universe. There is no word for greed in my language- it was unknown until humans showed us."

3/15/2009 #73
lilkorea

"That is the way the universe is, we immortals have had our reign, now it is time to allow the younger races to have theirs."

3/15/2009 #74
Rogue-writer-16

"It does not mean they should slaughter us." Odessa rebuffed, frowning. He had said 'our'. So he was an immortal. "Could they not let us just leave. We elves would have returned to the seas and the trees and the shadows had they let us- yet they forced us away or to work through blood shed."

3/15/2009 #75
lilkorea

"It is because they no longer fear us, young one." Noah said, pocketing whatever he took in the interier of his jerken.

3/15/2009 #76
Rogue-writer-16

She sighed and shook her head,

"They should- for all they have done we should be fighting them, driving them from their homes as they did us." she swallowed the lump in her throat and shook her head again, stepping back, "But this is of no consequence." she murmured, watching his movements, "My apologies for disturbing you." she glanced at the door, hoping he would leave her be so she could get away. The tips of her ears tingled to an almost painful level- a warning sign to be sure.

3/15/2009 #77
lilkorea

Noah sensed the presense of humans approaching the cathedral. "You better hurry, little one, humans approach."

3/15/2009 #78
Rogue-writer-16

Odessa glanced at the door she had come through and bit her lip- ears twitching that way a little to hear their approach. She glanced back at the stranger and allowed a small bow of respect- and slight fear before ducking to the right and into the rooms humans used for confession. She would hide there until the humans had gone once again.

3/15/2009 #79
lilkorea

Noah only chuckled at her antics as he calmly walked over to the confession stand and reached in for her, pulling her out by the arm. "You will be discovered in there."

3/15/2009 #80
Rogue-writer-16

She pouted at him and tried to shake his hand off... she was suddenly hot.

"Not if you leave me be, I won't." she huffed, hitching her bag on her shoulder again, staring up at him defiantly.

3/15/2009 #81
lilkorea

"My, my, where are your manners? Have your parents done nothing for your upbringing? Know your place in the presense of someone helping you." he said, dematerializing them both into a column of black smoke, taking them outside to the back of the cathedral.

3/15/2009 #82
Rogue-writer-16

Odessa bit back a squeak and squeezed her eyes shut, feeling her - non-existent- stomach roll. He must be ancient to be able to do suchthings, she realised and would have shivered had she been able to.

3/15/2009 #83
lilkorea

Rematerializing, Noah released Odessa and took a step away from her, preparing to leave.

3/15/2009 #84
Rogue-writer-16

"Wait." Odessa reached after him again but hesitted above his arm- she did not know how he would react should she touch him uninvited, "...Thank you..." she mumbled, dropping her hand.She was curious as to who he was and... and how he did what he did. What was he doing in the cathedral? What was he exactly?

3/15/2009 #85
lilkorea

"It's best you return to the woods, little one. You are far too young to harbor ill will as strong as it is."

3/15/2009 #86
Rogue-writer-16

"Returning to the woods will not help me." she told him resolutely, "That is long gone and I would not return there even if I had to." she assured him, shaking her head, "... Where are you going?' she asked, suddenyl feeling as young as he continued to tell her she was.

3/15/2009 #87
lilkorea

"Back to my territory in the far north. You are welcome to follow me, there are acres of woods and mountains as far as the eye can see."

3/15/2009 #88
Rogue-writer-16

Biting her lip, Odessa rocked on her heels in thought. To return to a forest- any forest and not be spat at or hated... she sighed and frowned,

"Might I know your name at least, before I disappear, never to be seen again." she tried to joke, though she was nervous.

3/15/2009 #89
lilkorea

He smiled down at her, showing his face was meant for smiles and laughter. "You may call me Noah."

3/15/2009 #90
« Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: acriter Scottish Princess, Andrew Keith
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member