RP Citadel of Elarope
Role playing be whatever character you want and join our motley crew! Plenty of fights to be had as you go wherever you want in the citadel.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
acriter
A constant throng pushes against the way that any traveller wants to go, no matter where they are heading. Be careful of who you push and shove against because knives and half crafted spells are always ready to make the unwary wish they had stayed at home.
6/2/2007 #1
Girlbrainiac
Lana was accustomed to the throng of people on the streets, and thus generally avoided being shoved around. She also knew many of the pickpockets, cutpurses, and assassins on sight as well, and made a special note to avoid them.

Unfortunately, having her eye up watching the people and not on the ground before her caused her to stumble.

6/10/2007 #2
acriter
Trying not to make himself too obvious Henas kept to the edge of the crowd, watching the woman stumble along. It really did look as if today was one of her worse days and Henas prided himself in the fact that he was taking care over his future citizens. He only hoped that none of the courtiers would wonder why he was so wet when he went back to the palace.
6/10/2007 #3
Girlbrainiac
Lana felt eyes on her as she continued along down the next street, and, tripping and falling to her knees, (deliberately this time), she took the opportunity to look for her pursuer as she rose and dusted herself off.

There... At the edge of the crowd... She couldn't quite make out his face from this distance, but she knew instantly that he was following her, just by the way he was trying to remain inconspicuous. 'Amateur,' she thought with a smirk as she continued down the street, 'Have I come up in the rolling hit list again? You'd think they'd have given me a higher status by now, just by how well I can throw off the poor kids they send after me. True, I'm not a fighter or anything, but really...'

The investigator thought it was time to lose the kid. She walked at the same pace as before, acting as though she hadn't noticed her pursuer, then made a sharp turn down the next alleyway.

((Heehee. Sidenote. Anyone under the age of 25 is considered a kid by her, and she'll call them that too, lol.))

6/10/2007 #4
acriter
Henas watched as the poor woman actually fell to her feet. He was so glad that he was there to help her, who knew what sort of devil might take advantage of her! Wait... Why was she turning into that alleyway? It looked sort of suspicious but then again she might just be having a quick rest. No woman could be truly murderous, could she? Anyway Henas decided to wait at the mouth of the entrance to the alley and see if the woman was having any difficulties walking still. So he crept forward as he had before and slowly peered around the edge of the wall...

[Should we make an extra topic for the alleyway... Therefore it's easier not too get confused!]

6/11/2007 #5
Girlbrainiac
((Mmm... Since it's just us two at the moment, I don't think we need a seperate topic yet.))

Lana was just around the corner, flat against the wall, watching for her pursuer. Her hand drifted to the dagger at her belt, though she really hoped things wouldn't be so desperate that she would need it. She WAS a very pitiful fighter after all. It was only through pure stubborness that she'd lived through some of the things she'd been through.

As soon as she saw the man begin to peek around the corner, she made a grab for his collar to pull him into the alleyway with her. "Would you like to explain why you're following me?" she asked, settling with a very penetrating stare, the sort of stare that would goad even the most quiet individual to say SOMETHING. The fact that she had only one eye only increased the intensity of it, giving whoever she addressed just one thing to focus on.

She didn't let it show on her face, but looking over this kid... She recognized him... Was he...? 'But what's he doing out in the city dressed like that?' she thought, 'Is the kid STUPID? And why is he following ME of all people? I've done nothing...'

She racked her brain, thinking up many different possible explanations, as she waited for him to respond.

6/11/2007 #6
acriter
Henas suddenly realised why the woman had been stumbling down the street, it was because she only had one eye. This did not bode well.

"Um, madam. I was just checking that all was well with you, as I seemed to see you were having a hard time to walk down the streets. I was wandering if I could be of assistance... But perhaps not." He ran his hand through his ginger hair and wiped it down his jerkin. "Does that dagger belong to you by any chance?", he asked. He hoped not though.

6/11/2007 #7
Girlbrainiac
"Um, madam. I was just checking that all was well with you, as I seemed to see you were having a hard time to walk down the streets. I was wandering if I could be of assistance... But perhaps not." He ran his hand through his ginger hair and wiped it down his jerkin.

Lana chuckled slightly. "Right," she said, making it clear by her tone that she didn't believe him... At least not yet, without further explanation. "Though I'll admit you're a bit too clumsy to be sent out by the Thieves' Guild, kid. Even the apprentices they send out on occasion know how to remain inconspicuous."

"Does that dagger belong to you by any chance?", he asked. He hoped not though.

"Yes, it does," she answered, but eased her hand away from it to let him know she wasn't a threat. "Used for self-defense, or just anything I need it for."

She would have let him know she knew who he was... but she wanted to hold off for a moment... Maybe let the kid get a handle on how stupid he was being. The streets were a dangerous place for the unwary, and doubly dangerous for the unwary with deep pockets.

6/11/2007 . Edited 6/11/2007 #8
acriter
"Right," The woman looked at him suspciously with a curious glint in her eye. "Though I'll admit you're a bit too clumsy to be sent out by the Thieves' Guild, kid. Even the apprentices they send out on occasion know how to remain inconspicuous."

Henas was very offended at this statement, he had just tried to help... Although he hadn't really thought about the whole woman-looking-quite-capable-actually-and-having-a-weapon-on-her-bit. He kept on forgetting his training about analysing every person which you approached.

"Does that dagger belong to you by any chance?", he asked. He hoped not though, he wasn't too sure how he would feel stabbing an oldish woman. He really needed to get back into that area and show to himself that he was as bloodthirsty as he pretended to be.

"Yes, it does, used for self-defense, or just anything I need it for." He was glad to see the woman move her hand away from the small dagger, but was she moving it to somewhere more dangerous? Henas suddenly realised what a stupid situation he had got himself in for.

"I guess you won't be needing any help them. You look quite capable to handle any trouble that might come your way, so if you want me to leave... Oh and just to tell you I wasn't sent from the Thieves Guild. In fact I have no connection with them whatsoever." Henas felt that the only good fact he could draw from this little tete-a-tete was that she hadn't recognised him. This did cheer him up a bit.

6/12/2007 #9
Girlbrainiac
"I guess you won't be needing any help then."

Lana smirked. "If you want to help people, the first thing you can do is get criminals off the street. That's part of what I do, when I can."

"You look quite capable to handle any trouble that might come your way, so if you want me to leave... Oh and just to tell you I wasn't sent from the Thieves Guild. In fact I have no connection with them whatsoever."

Lana laughed at him. "You really are naive, kid... I knew you weren't from the Thieves' Guild straight off. I make it a point of knowing who's who in this city," she said, pointedly eyeing his ginger hair. "Luckily for you, I'm not the type to take advantage of naive kids with deep pockets. That's what the Thieves' Guild does."

She held out her hand to him then. "I'm Lana Crane, an investigator. Nice to meet you, Henas."

6/12/2007 . Edited 6/12/2007 #10
acriter
Henas shoulders drooped. Once again he had failed completely. She had recognised him and everything. It was so unfair, being Price could be so boring sometimes. Might as well make the best of it though.

"Are you trying to offer your services to me in any way? The thing is I don't really go into the whole hiring people off the street with out even knowing them what with my status and all. I guess you feel like you've done a good deed today because you didn't kill me."

6/13/2007 #11
Girlbrainiac
"Are you trying to offer your services to me in any way? The thing is I don't really go into the whole hiring people off the street with out even knowing them what with my status and all. I guess you feel like you've done a good deed today because you didn't kill me."

Lana laughed then. "Kill you? I've never killed anyone. If I ever do, it will be in self-defense. There are people in this city that don't like me because I know what they're up to. Can you blame me for being cautious?" She pointed to her eyepatch which covered the mangled spot where her eye had once been. "Got that by following around one of the lieutenants of the Thieves' Guild years ago. He didn't like me spying on him.

"As for my good deed for the day, I'm going to give you a little lesson, one that you'd better heed for your own good, kid." She walked back to the end of the alleyway, toward the street, motioning him to follow.

6/13/2007 #12
acriter
"As for my good deed for the day, I'm going to give you a little lesson, one that you'd better heed for your own good, kid." She walked back to the end of the alleyway, toward the street, motioning him to follow.

Henas thought about it but decided to follow due to the fact that Lana didn't seem too good friends with the Thieves Guild, especially if she had lost her eye to one of them. He just wondered where she was taking him...

6/13/2007 #13
Girlbrainiac
She led the way down the streets and back alleys, occasionally nudging him and nodding toward some person to draw his attention to them.

"That crying little girl over there? She's a pickpocket. The moment you bend over to help her, she'll steal your purse and run away," she murmured.

Then, later. "That woman in the fancy dress is Lalina Hartrel. She seduces rich men, then murders them in bed and steals whatever valuables she can carry."

Then another. "That sour looking guy in the black... He's the head assassin of the guild, only 22. You see, they take orphaned children, and train them from the time they're old enough to walk to do the guild's business. He's been working for them since the age of six. I've seen him grow up."

There were many more... Many many more...

"And I'm taking you by the safest route, kid," she pointed out a while later, as the rain stopped and the sun began to peek through the clouds.

As they got closer to the docks, the smell of fish, and the gentle sea breezes became more apparent over the stench of the city. Lana was glad that the wind was coming from oceanside today. The rain would just make the stench worse after a while.

6/13/2007 #14
acriter
"How do you know about all these people? Surely they're more likely to murder you than tell you about what they do? That man, he's only 22? Then every line on his face must count for at least one killing." Henas looked around in shock, his beautiful citadel of tall towers and turrets, it was reduced to this? This was how people lived? He had known the city was bad and that not everyone was like the courtiers in the palace but he hadn't realised that people kill just for the trinkets which people wore.

"And I'm taking you by the safest route, kid." He was glad, he didn't want to see anything more, his brain was too saturated with disgust at himself and those around him. Why hadn't he realised that this was how some people lived?

He watched as the docks approached and wished that perhaps the fishy smell could overcome the dirtiness which he now felt, the rain hadn't washed it away and the water falling had now started to dwindle to a mere drizzle. He hoped that Lana would be taking him somewhere where they would be alone. Not because he was attracted to her but because he just didn't want to see anymore of these pitiful characters.

6/13/2007 #15
Girlbrainiac
"How do you know about all these people? Surely they're more likely to murder you than tell you about what they do? That man, he's only 22? Then every line on his face must count for at least one killing." Henas looked around in shock.

She smirked. "Twenty years of watching, deducting, waiting.... You could almost call it my life's work, keeping notes on criminals. It's the rare occasion that I gather enough evidence on someone to turn over to the guards... When I do, though..." She laughed wryly then. "And they HAVE sent people after me on occasion, but usually just some kid of an apprentice assassin, on his first kill. I'm not enough of a threat usually to be anything more than target practice."

They turned down Dock street then, by far one of the safer streets in the whole city thanks to the profusion of guards and tough sailors around to protect the merchants' goods. Lana was almost home.

6/13/2007 #16
acriter
Henas thought of the sheltered life which he had led and the one which she had led. She was causally mentioning the fact that she had almost been killed several times. How could she talk about putting people, like those surrounding them, into prison without fearing attack.

"I'm not enough of a threat usually to be anything more than target practice." Target practice? Was that how she thought of herself, ironically yes, but still... Henas had planned this trip as a light hearted escapade away from the stifling court air but this outside air was even more smothering.

"So do you live around here then? I see you know these streets even better, which guards to avoid and which sailors to smile at. You don't work for a merchant, do you? Keeping the crooks away from his produce and stuff, if you know what I mean."

[Shall we make a new topic for The Docks... I'm not obsessed with making new topics or anything, it's just this time it definately makes sense to!]

6/13/2007 #17
Girlbrainiac
((Sure. I'll put in the Docks, then... Or Dock Street. However you prefer it. I'll continue this there, then onto Lana's office.))
6/13/2007 #18
acriter
[Alright sounds good to me]
6/13/2007 #19
Aisu Kyo
The new comer walked down the streets and into a pub. She didn't care much for a drink. She was hungry.
6/15/2007 #20
Rudruma
A dark elf wnadered the streets. Looking for his best friend he paused. "Stranger where be the nearest motel?"
6/20/2007 #21
Aisu Kyo
"I know not," she spoke, looking iritated. (jsyk, the stranger is at dock nstreet dieing)
6/20/2007 . Edited 6/20/2007 #22
Rudruma
"Have ye any excess Items of any moneterial value?"
6/21/2007 #23
Aisu Kyo
"Perhaps. What's it to ya?"
6/21/2007 #24
Rudruma
-He laughed- "It be your life sonny." -I withdrew my claws-
6/24/2007 #25
Aisu Kyo
-i'm a girl-

"I, but I can have your just as easily!" The strange girl raised her hand and pushed it into the drunkin man walking out the door. Within seconds, he went from a young fat man, to a skeliton with abit of rotted flsh. "What was it you were wonting?"

6/24/2007 #26
Rudruma
"Your fancy tricks dont scare me at ALL wench!" -I lunged at the girl-
6/24/2007 #27
Aisu Kyo
"Scare! It was a warning sir." She said as she took a small step to her left snd he missed. "Also, I'm not a wench, and you will regret calling me so!" She grabbed the back of his shirt as he flew past and yanked him to the gropund. Turning him over, she held her hand where he could see the opening. It was cut out like an X, but it moved like it was breething, this was ment to scare him. "I could kil you right now and have no regrets, but your abilities will make me the perfect allie. What do you say to joining my team?"
6/24/2007 #28
Rudruma
"Team? Speak more of this team."
6/26/2007 #29
Aisu Kyo
"It's a group of us, creatures like me. I am the queen, I command about 4,000,000 of us. I have 7 hive ships, with many more of us in incubation. You could be my commanding officer. Yopu could also train us with your techniques. What do you say?"
6/26/2007 #30
Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »
Forum Moderators: acriter Scottish Princess, Andrew Keith
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member