Writing to get published
As the title implies. Stuff we want people to read because we honestly want to get it published.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Jillian Smoke

I'm not exactly new to writing since it's what I've wanted to do since I was little, but I find now that the more determined I get to get published...the further away the actual goal feels. I'm not sure if anyone else has felt that way, but I feel lost inside my writing at times. I know I have talent but I also know that I need to hone and work that talent into something wonderful and brilliant.

I could deffinitly use some respectful critisism and I am open to helpful suggestions. If anyone would like to take a look at my works, it would be greatly apprieciated!

I've been working on a couple books now for collectively over a year and a half. I have finished one book and now I am tearing it to peices editing everything that just does not feel right. New plot ideas, characters and all around adventures are being added to the book and though I only have the unedited version up on here, I would love to see some feedback.

I've realized that like alot of other writers I've met, I have an issue with sticking to one specific project. I will start a book, get a new idea and start another right away. I don't consider it unhealthy for my writing because I just assume I need to get all of my ideas out or I will lose them. A gloomy feeling but at least it's progress.

After going to school for what I thought I would love, I've realized that there is nothing that I want more than to be a writer. Nothing will stop me from reaching that goal. Even if I'm terrible at it.

10/24/2009 #1
LittleRed42

Okay...hard work DOES pay off. You cannot give up. There have been days when I have just flopped on the couch in tears wondering why I even bother anymore. I can wall paper my walls with rejection letters but that only made me try harder and try everything I could think of. after TEN years of writing to agents I FINALLY got accepted and you know what? The hard work is NOT over. It never is. Now I am trying everything in my power to market and up my sales. The hard work pays off and is ALWAYS worth it. Chin up. Don't give up!

10/29/2012 #2
Forum Moderators: Susannah Simon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member