Writing to get published
As the title implies. Stuff we want people to read because we honestly want to get it published.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Ethel.Kuris

So I've been writing since before I knew how, it's the only thing in my life that hadn't changed over the years. At 21, I decided to give it a go and really work on a novel, so I'd like some help. I need suggestions, constructive criticism, reviews, anything you can contribute. I published only 2 chapters of my story (a gay high school themed novel), but I have about 12 chapters already done and I'm working on the next ones. I also have a one-shot that I'd like to hear how it's written (a short gay romantic novel).

I want to do the best I can, so I'd appreciate your help. Thank you very much (:

9/17/2014 #1
Newbe

Not into that genre but I can give you some tips

First unless you have the money I would AVOID THE VANITY publishing. Ex Xlibris/ Lulu/. For a new author I would recommend Createspace because one it's free to publish. All you pay for their services like editing, marketing.

Before you publish start marketing build up hype for your book. I did not do this I regret it.

For marketing look for free way before paying EX. I am giving a lesson at a school about creating a character. No money to dish out.

Last but not least do you research. I wish I had done that but I did not and I pay 1100 to publish my book which if I had gone to createspace I could have done it for free.

Hope that does help a little and remeber write for fun first not for money. If you do it for money you might be disappointed

James

10/1/2014 #2
Forum Moderators: Susannah Simon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member