Writing to get published
As the title implies. Stuff we want people to read because we honestly want to get it published.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Rydia Dragon

Hello. Would you all mind checking out my new story "Second Chance Saga" (heh, it is a working title..)

I eventually want to get published. It has been my dream since I was seven. I want to make it happen. But, I want to make something that draws people in. If you could read&review my work, I will gladly return the favor! Thank you.

9/30/2008 #1
Vermillion-Skies

Yes I agree. I also would very much love to see my creation phobia published someday. It's been my dream for forever and a half. And if anybody could please help me out with that dream I would love you forever and ever! My reviewers just don't cut it. I love them dearly but the most I get is "great chapter" or "love the way you pay attention to detail" well that almost helps me improve. almost but not quite. I'm not trying to be ungrateful or whiney I just really want to get better!

12/18/2008 #2
Rioichi

Comment mine and I'll comment you. I really need some help myself. Have you read "Twilight"? I need to see if my story is like it. here's the link.

http://www.fictionpress.com/secure/story/story_preview.php?storyid=2610922&chapter=1

12/21/2008 #3
Rioichi

Comment mine and I'll comment you. I really need some help myself. Have you read "Twilight"? I need to see if my story isn't like it. here's the link.

http://www.fictionpress.com/secure/story/story_preview.php?storyid=2610922&chapter=1

12/21/2008 #4
Vermillion-Skies

Okie Dokiee. I just finished reading it and here's what I have to say...

I really think u have the basis for making a really good story. Obviously there are a few similiarties that could be related to Twilight but those could be changed quite easily. I'm very very interested to see how this one turns out.

--Vermillion-Skies

12/22/2008 #5
CynicPiggy

That's been a old, albeit, unrealistic dream of mine since before I could write (I dictated my stories), but I'm assuming it'd be pretty competitive. My goals to just keep writing stories until one's good enough. I'd link my story but I've yet to upload it - I'm in the process of editing now. I'll read your story for you though. Btw - creepy coincidence, my story - Flawless - is about a suicidal teenage boy named Vincent Valentine (your avatar ^-^) who can't get his suicide note right, and a girl who falls in love with him (without the knowledge that he's suicidal, obviously) called, believe it or not, Riley Lockhart o.O No joke. And I decided on those names and wrote most of my story well before I came across FictionPress.com...Weird.

1/20/2009 #6
Rioichi

I came up with my story at least 2 years before I began posting on here, too. I'm currently typing up my book Insomnia: Essence. I'm planning to get it published soon when I get enough feedback. The story is about a girl named Karmie Sanders who has been with her boyfriend Chance for 4 years. He grows unfaithful, and all of a sudden this girl named Carmine shows up out of the blue. Chance has known Carmine throughout his vampire life, which is a secret to Karmie, for reasons that I do not want to tell just yet. I'd be delighted to return the favor with a review if you would review mine.

1/23/2009 #7
Cheyenne Elliott

Totally agreed! I hope to get my novel, Moonless Night, published someday...i have had some interest in my novel by a Dorrance Publishing, but i'm sure you're asking why i didn't publish, i wasn't going to publish my book for $6800!

8/4/2009 #8
Marie Silver

Any publisher that asks for money is a scam artist; you should never pay to have your work published. Watch out for them and be careful.

~Marie Silver~

8/13/2009 #9
Xodancer4lifeoX

when looking at any publisher you need to reasearch it before actually submitting it. this way you know before hand if it's scam.

8/24/2009 #10
Xodancer4lifeoX

when looking at any publisher you need to reasearch it before actually submitting it. this way you know before hand if it's scam.

8/24/2009 #11
Jillian Smoke

Tate Publishing askes for $4,000 dollars! Totally rediculous! IMO you should NEVER have to pay to get published!

10/24/2009 #12
QuickSand311

i'm trying to write a novel but i never have time anymore, and it's sad. the few people i have let read it say it was good. i really want to get it published when it's done. i wouldn't pay to get it published. what i'm going to do is make a ton of copies of my novel and send them to all the publishers and if i get accepted by any of them pick the best one.

12/10/2009 #13
Quanta1000

I would love my story, 'Fire And Water' to get published one day...That'd be a dream come true honestly! I will probably attempt to get it published after I am finished writing it and many a night editing, editing, editing...but who knows? Anything could happen I guess.

1/1/2010 #14
Forum Moderators: Susannah Simon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member