Writing to get published
As the title implies. Stuff we want people to read because we honestly want to get it published.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Marie Silver

Just thought I'd say hi to all the other wannabe published guys over here and open a new thread for general chatting. I thought people could have a m*** or rant about their work or, for those lucky few, relating those jump up and down in joy moments. So, to anyone hovering around this forum - who are you and what are you working on?

For me, I'm editing a finished 50,000 young adult/fantasy novel that isn't posted on this site. Am waiting till I've finished the first edit for that. Sometimes it takes hours to edit 800 words and other times minutes depending on how much is utter crap. Turns out a lot of it is. I finished it around two years ago and I've changed some plot, some characters and some other things. And my writing has improved in two years so some of what I'm editing it cringe-worthy bad but other parts bring a smile to face (the comedy parts not the terrible writing).

Anywho, that's me. What about you?

2/25/2009 #1
LadyAshlie

I'm itching both in anticipation and fear for the day I reach the point you're at. xD Currently, my novel is still in progress and it's taking a bit to get together; having a job kind of interferes with the writing and there are those days that I get so frustrated because nothing is coming together or my muse has taken a day off and I just can't THINK of something simple. Ugh. For now, it's in the very beginning and is only up to 12,000 words or so. I don't even want to proofread it NOW, just because ugh. -.- It's kind of heavy, you know?

But, wow. Two years. Very impressive. :] It's great to see such dedicated people out there, with so much faith in their writing and the ability to nurse it so well. I'm hoping I don't give up and that I'm like you in the end.

8/29/2009 #2
Marie Silver

But, wow. Two years. Very impressive. :] It's great to see such dedicated people out there, with so much faith in their writing and the ability to nurse it so well.

Let's just hope it's all worth it in the end.

12,000 words isn't bad - how many are you aiming for?

All I can say is work on it every day, even when you don't want to. On those bad days have a minimum word count, a fraction of the words you do on the good days and just do that much. More often than not you'll end up getting into the flow and going over. And even if you don't, a small amount each day adds up over time.

~Marie Silver~

9/20/2009 #3
Newbe

Author of a 21000 word novella hoping to get republished at 64000 word now Fantasy

5/10/2014 #4
Forum Moderators: Susannah Simon
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member