SciFi Writers of Fictionpress
If you write searing space operas, the mighty clash of galaxyspanning empires in the cold blackness of space, of life after a cataclysm or anything else scifi, come and talk about it here. Share ideas and tips, ask questions and improve each other.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Crane Daitkai
My story is Rise Of The Anomalous (rated mature) it's a novel I wrote which takes place after a 2nd Depression affects the world and turns America into a separatist nation. Amidst the brink of a civil war between social classes, an upper-class boy reveals he can fly and immediately he's propelled to become this savior of humanity by a crooked publicist, socialite girlfriend, success-obsessed parents, and public in dire need of something to renew their hope. ROTA follows one week in the social perspectives of various characters based in 2030 Dallas, including: a supernatural anarchist and his wife and their commune, an aging and disenchanted police officer, a newly appointed Mayor, a troubled girl, the privileged son of the District Attorney, a hostile cult, and of course, our hero as they all are affected by a sociopathic murderess who has run out of targets in the lower class- seeking to instigate a war by exploiting the inner workings of Dallas, one death at a time. However, not all is as it seems as rumors flutter and paranoia sets in, our hero finds that reconciling his past is quite difficult when his future is at stake. Just remember, there are only two kinds of people in this world, those who succumb to tragedy, and those who rise above it.

PLEASE review and if you like it, as an added bonus, each chapter is named after a song, see if you can guess the artist and song as it goes under the context of the content in the chapter, though, it may become clearer as the story progresses so it's almost like I'm giving you clues.

I don't write for critics, I write to entertain, let me know if I entertained you.

-J

1/31/2008 #1
Forum Moderators: Marinus
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member