Midnight's Song Discussion Forum
A place to trade insights, quips, and critiques with the author of Midnight's Song.This novel is very much a work in progress, and I'm curious to hear your input.
New Follow Forum Follow Topic
Reiku Hiteruo
It occurs to me that I have alot of "in-jokes" and references buried in [s:2173226:Midnight's Song]. Half the fun is figuring them out yourself, but some parts of the story don't make sense unless you get the joke. For starters: Near the end of [s:2173226:10:Chapter 8: A Shot In The Darkness], a couple references are made to a game called "Shadowrun". If you don't know what this is, I feel sorry for you. Shadowrun was an old pen-and-paper role-playing game--like Dungeons and Dragons. Only this game was set in a dark, cyberpunk future where corporations ruled the world and elves and mages sold their services for industrial espionage. Basically it was like Johnny Mnemonic--but with dragons. I could literally go on forever, but you wouldn't read it--so just google around for info on the subject. That should clear up what Orrin means when her refers to "A Decker, a Shaman, and a Street Samurai."
8/14/2007 #1
Forum Moderators: Reiku Hiteruo
Rules:
  • Forums are not to be used to post stories.
  • All forum posts must be suitable for teens.
  • The owner and moderators of this forum are solely responsible for the content posted within this area.
  • All forum abuse must be reported to the moderators.
Membership Length: 2+ years 1 year 6+ months 1 month 2+ weeks new member